All Early / KS Backers now have Steam Keys!

Good move!. :wink:

Great to hear medierra. Merry Christmas to the Crate Team. Keep up the great work! Really loving the game!

thats cool :slight_smile:

I am so confused. When I log into my Humble Bundle account and go to my purchases, it has an early access Steam key listed, and a Grim Dawn Access Key which has been already redeemed. I have been playing the game through Steam for months now. So the Steam Key I can give to a friend? What about when the game releases, and I decide I want to play it through Steam? Will I not have any problems? Will I get another new Steam Key then?

If your game key is 8 blocks of 4 digits / characters, that is for the full release.

The key that is 3 blocks of 5 digits / characters is for the alpha / beta access.

I would not give away the first key, you will need it for the full game, the other key is for beta only.

Alpha since originally Act 1 was thought to be the Alpha content while Act 2 would be Beta.

Though now all those with “beta” access and “release” access have “early” access it’s kinda confusing for everyone so I will name this stage of development to be “Zeta” rather then alpha or beta.

Anyways… that key is essentially access to the ongoing developments so don’t be confused by “beta” or “alpha” or my “zeta” since they really don’t mean anything lol.

I am not sure if we will get new Steam keys for the final release. Maybe Grim Dawn Early Access Steam Key will just be relabeled to Grim Dawn Steam Key then. If that happens you would be in trouble.

My basic advice is, your friend needs to buy GD himself. An option would be http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/, if you manage to get into Valve’s beta program.

How do I get Humble Bundle to respond to my emails? My email address changed since I supported the KS so I can’t retrieve my key. I sent them an email back on Dec 26th telling them this and giving them my new email. I got an auto reply back saying that they had a lot of email volume over the holidays and would be getting back to me “in a few days”.

Well, the holidays are over, been almost 2 weeks and I still haven’t heard back from them. In my opinion, it’s been more than “a few days” and I’d really like to get the key that I’ve paid for. Further emails to them get me the same response. It’s kind of irritating, truth be known.

Hi Grifman,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I guess it is still a bit of [post=134140]this[/post].

from Crate’s Contact page:
Please try to resolve Humble Store sales issues directly with Humble Store as we are a small studio and have no dedicated customer service people. However, if you’re unable to get a satisfactory response within a reasonable time, please do contact us at Sales Support and we will help you to resolve your issue: [email protected]. Please allow us 2-3 business days for a response.

Please contact Crate on above email address. And thank you for your patience.

Humble Bundle has been giving me the run-around too. I’m in the same boat as Grifman, had to change e-mails and no longer can access the old one. But I did get a reply from someone who didn’t even try to help, just said check the requirements for the game and get help from the developers.
I replied with the fact that my Grim Dawn page doesn’t show up at all and I haven’t played because I can’t without the steam key. That was 3 days ago and haven’t heard a word back from them.

I’m having a similar problem. For some reason, my Humble Bundle page doesn’t show like i bought GrimDawn, i emailed them and got a short answer (after 2 weeks) which wasn’t helpfull at all.
I don’t have the receipt email to justify i purchased it (i guess i deleted it by mistake, it was a year ago), but this is ridiculous.

I’m totally out of ideas now. Anyone?

I work in customer support (not for Humble Store though). From my experience the issue is often to get on the same level of understanding. On the one side there is the support agent, who was trained, what he is supposed to provide support for, but not beyond. He has little idea what the customer is actually doing with the product (the business I support is maybe a bit more complex than Humble ones).

On the other hand there is the customer, who has no idea how customer support works. Some customers explain their issue in the most peculiar ways, which may mislead the agent, so that he provides the wrong solution. (Not saying you did this. How could I know?)

Basically reply to them and bring them back on track. Include more details like your email address you used for buying and the credit card transaction ID. If you really purchased GD a year ago, then you bought the game from Crate’s old store but not via the Humble Store. They support you though as all customer data was transferred onto them. The switch of stores was early April 2013 - specify your order date. All of this will help them to get this sorted out.

In my work I appreciate if customers get back to me, if something is still not right. If the same agent will pick up your email, he will also have the chance to see where he failed … if he did. The person who replied to your might be very new in the team, or your scenario might be new to him. And if it is another one, he might be more knowledgeable.

If you find this is not going to work out at all, please add [email protected] to the mailing list. Crate can see then, where things are going wrong and can either assist directly or point Humble support in the right direction. It might also give them some feedback for getting back at their Humble Store representative to improve things for the future.

Sorry, that you have to go through this. It is a learning process for everybody involved.

Also, see Josh’s ( of Humble Store) post for more info. He posted recently and provides an apology, and contact info.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=140941#post140941

Here’s the direct link to his post.
www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=140941&postcount=95

Finally got things worked out with Humble Bundle. But, only after I emailed Crate for help. HUGE shout out to Kamil, who was fantastic! Now I can finally play :smiley:

snatched it up as soon as I seen it :slight_smile:

I know I’m late to the party but I have a question as I am a bit unsure what to do.

Background:
In Humblebundle I have two entries for “Grim Dawn Digital Release”, under “Widget Purchases”. I assume this is because I backed at a tier which would afford me two copies (I did so because my girlfriend wants to play too).
I’ve redeemed one of them for myself, and activated it manually in Steam - so far so good.

Issue:
My Steam account is linked to Humblebundle so I’m hesitant to claim the other key as well since the page explicitly states “Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own.”
It’s probably talking about a situation in which I’ve already purchased the game through Steam and have it in my library, but I want to be absolutely sure.

Question in plain:
If I under the second “Grim Dawn Digital Release” entry click the “Steam” button to claim the other key - will I be able to give that key to my girlfriend so she can claim it on her own Steam account, or will it count as a double and be lost?

It’s the whole thing with my Steam account being linked to my Humblebundle account that makes me uneasy, so I just want to be sure I don’t screw up and lose her copy.

You can gift Humble keys, gives you an url from where another Steam user can redeem the game. Look for a gift box next to the Steam key:

There isn’t any such icon: www .anime. dk/grimdawn.png
(copy/paste the link without the two spaces, I have less than 3 posts here so I’m not allowed to post images/links)

Shame, then I think your only option is to contact support.

If you purchase a Humble Bundle and already own one of the games under your Steam Account it will tell you when you try and activate the game again. I know I messed up and found this out. I am not sure if this is how Grim Dawn was setup during the Kickstarter thingy when the Alpha was finally made available on Steam. The share links now available were non-existent when Grim Dawn was made public.

I have 2 Keys for Grim Dawn for one purchase. One for Early Access on Steam and one for the actual final game.

I think Shalie has it right. Humble Bundle Support will be able to help you.

Hope you get it figured out.