All you need to know about conversion

Internal trauma is not a part of the base damage of the weapon, halcyon didn’t miss that.

Will the conversion from the Solael’s Witchfire transmuter affect the physical damage granted to War Cry by the Myth Warborn Gavel?

Yes. /10chars

Just to be clear: Stormbringer of Malmouth has no effect on the damage converted from physical to vitality via Will of the Crypt and Master of Death. Is this correct?

Considering that it doesn’t convert anything on your character, it can’t. The only conversion on that is a pet damage conversion.

Yes./10cha

Might want to add a note somewhere explaining how you can benefit from %damage bonus that do not match the damage type, for example AAR’s modifier gives a +%aether damage that can buff transmuted (chaos) AAR.

That’s basically covered by the order of operations statement, but I can see people not understanding that if they aren’t reading it carefully.

Say I have 100 cold damage and a 50 frostburn dot. I have 100% cold to aether. What will happen?

100 aether, 50 frostburn (the dot is not affected)
100 aether (the dot is lost)
150 aether (the dot is added to the non dot damage)

100 aether, 50 frostburn (the dot is not affected)

This one here.

GD mechanics is so deep, deep as the Abyss)

This should be stickied in the guide section. Incredibly useful.

Here’s another question on conversion:

Suppose you start with a skill that does 100 physical damage, and has a modifier that adds +100% physical damage. You then have an item that converts 100% physical to fire, and then a further +100% fire damage item.

Is the result:

• 100 phys x 2 = 200, converted to 200 fire, 200 x 2 = 400 fire (unlikely), or
  • 100 phys x (phys buff on skill + fire modifier outside of skill) = 100 x 3 = 300 fire (probably more likely)?

If it’s the former, that’d be very OP.

The way i understand it is that only the flat 100 phys dmg is converted (the +100% phys dmg is ignored because phys dmg is converted to fire dmg 1st, so it doesn’t apply) thus making it, in your example, 100 fire dmg + 100% fire dmg from the item, for a total of 200 fire dmg.

Someone please correct me if i’m wrong.

This is what would happen. I’m assuming you mean a skill modifier such as Fighting Form, Blindside, Disintegration (there’s tons :p), the % value is additive with the converted damage’s value and your bonus Cunning/Spirit value.

You would be correct if the +100% Physical damage came from a piece of gear (as the Fire conversion would happen at the same time), but since it is present on a skill modifier, it is still factored in.

Don’t forget that the order of conversion is as follows:

Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

Thanks for explaining my mistake.

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up. Hundreds of hours into this game and the finer points of these things are still pretty complicated…

If you have conversion then only the % phys from the skill line would work not gear or devotions.

BUT, there is no double dipping. the 100% from Blindside or Deadly momentum applied before conversion occurs and that is all, not again after conversion

For Blindside yes, cause it’s a common passive, but DM is a secondary skill (aura or buff), which work at “Equipment, Auras and Passives” level, so applies after all conventions like gear or devotions bonus.

Ok I’d look into it. What you say would make sense. If this is the case then it’s just fighting form. kinda sucks for converted candence

Edit: Looked around and it’s the case indeed with deadly momentum