All you need to know about conversion

Yup, game mechanics is so deep sometimes :rolleyes:

It’d be great if you can recommend me more creator names like these.
I only know of Honest Trailers, TeamFourStar and HISHE

I knew about the mechanic, just omitted DM as an aura. Kinda sucks for chaos and elemental cadence

and this too?

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8731

pierce sucks even more! :cry:

Absolutely disgusting.

I remember your doom thread. I haven’t tried that weapon but simply saying pierce kinda sucks is enough to cover everything:)

Even transmuter convention DM still gives converted flat physics and percentage pierce)

Conversion on the pic

Another question: I’m assuming the conversion from beronath reforged counts as an aura, and would fall under the last tier of the conversion hierarchy - i.e. ‘equipment, auras, and passives.’

But according to Korsar’s extremely helpful image, the %damage modifiers from gear also falls under this category as well.

So, to use an actual example, if I equip the infernal knight set + beronath reforged, would the conversion from beronath reforged come before or after the equipment %damage modifiers?

Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs (Beronath’s aura is here) > Equipment, Auras and Passives (infernal knight set bonuses is here)
So fire and chaos % damage from set do nothing to your new physical BWC or whatever you wanted to convert.

Thanks again Korsar, you angel.

I was confused with a specific conversion interaction and any clarity would be greatly appreciated.
Through testing in game:
If I take the cadence transmuter discord (100% physical to elemental) looking at the cadence breakdown, there is no physical damage. This makes sense. However, if I equip the weapon Mythical Beronath, Reforged and toggle the buff (100% elemental to physical) the breakdown of cadence shows lower elemental values than before, and now I have physical damage again (will add that at no point do I have any chaos damage since the weapon also converts 100% chaos to physical). I know that conversion can’t happen twice. So the only conclusion I can come to is that flat damage on gear is calculated differently than I previously believed.
Any insight to the exact interaction would be welcome, not that you would use this combination but just to have a better understanding of the game’s mechanics, thanks.

Beronath, Reforged has a bunch of innate elemental damage and when Might of Beronath is active that gets converted to physical.

Thanks of this info, very helpful. Guys still i need confirmation plz help.
If i m using Blood Knight set on death knight along with Gladiator’s Distinction belt (100% vitality converted to Physical), then the set is useless as all vitality converted to physical. Rather i will use Markovian set on Death Knight. Is that right?
Again if i m using this belt for conversion, should i take vitality devotions or physical damage devotions OR both would be better.

I don’t know the exact behaviour when wearing both, but I can say that they do conflict and you shouldn’t use them both at the same time. If you are only using the belt, you should only be gearing towards physical damage; % vitality damage doesn’t apply, as the conversion happens first:

Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

For more information, check out the official game guide: http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat.php#q20

Actually flat elemental damage granted by discord will be converted to physical as well.

I need help understanding this:

Spellscourge set converts all aether damage to physical damage to the skill Devastation.

So shouls I gear +%physical damage or +%aether damage on my gear now? Please help

+% Physical is what you’re looking for. % Aether would do nothing.

Thanks a lot! one more question:

I’m planning to make a physical Spellscourge Battlemage which utilizes all “devastation” effect skills and procs like Devastation and Meteor Shower.

I will use the sword Beronath, Reforged

Question is: Does Star Pact reduce my damage output? since it converts physical to Cold. I need star pact to reduce cooldown for Devastation

Does Star Pact reduce my damage output

If you have pre-conversion physical, it will. And it would impact physical procs.

Any flat damage that is converted by Beronath will not be converted again (one conversion max.)