Am I supposed to only get the Legendary from Callagadra in Elite/Ultimate?

After a lot of dying, I finally managed to kill the celestial Callagadra in Normal. For the first time, I encountered an enemy that doesn’t die in a few seconds. Really felt my chest beating again for quite awhile lol. The goddamn cyclones reminded me of floating aether clouds in Port Valsbury.

I looked up her loot table and see that she’s supposed to drop the Visage (legendary) at 100% but instead I only got the Gaze (epic) as shown in the screenshot below:

Is it because of my level (her level and drops scales down)? Am I supposed to only get the legendary in Elite and/or Ultimate? If I understood the loot table correctly, it’s a 100% drop rate, right?

While we’re at it, I’d also appreciate a critique on my current build here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWzAP72 - Idea is a mobile Mortar/Thermite-dropping Vire’s Might skater Fire build. I wonder if it can work well by endgame, specifically for Crucible, SR, and doing nemesis and rogue dungeon runs. I still haven’t worked out my gear yet as I’m still learning about the game. Also, I wonder how this build compares to the Fire EOR one.

Thanks!

There are two versions of Callagadra in the monster database. One for Normal, one for Elite and Ultimate.
The epic helmet only drops in Normal, the legendary helmet only drops in Elite and Ultimate. Also Cally has to be at least level 89, but then it’s a 100% chance.

1 Like

Thank you! Not sure if that was also you in Reddit who answered me just now, but thank you either way.

If I’m correct, by the time I meet her again in Elite she should be 89 or more, right? Since I’m 74 right now and haven’t finished FG yet. Not sure if my level is normal for where I am at the game right now (I’m seeing people completing Normal at 60+), but I really took my time exploring everything in the game on Normal before I semi-rush Elite later on.

If you don’t have access to XP pots and Mandates yet it’s better to explore and do side quests etc. for XP.
Your level is fine imho. If you see the enemy level dropping below yours just rush through the area, and take your time to kill mobs again when their level exceeds yours. By the time you get to Cally’s altar on Elite you should be well beyond 84.
Those people who complete Normal at 60 are also often those who complain that Elite is too hard :wink:

1 Like

Wait… xp pots??

Where do you get xp Pots?

They can be bought from the Malmouth Resistance vendor once your rep is high enough with them.

1 Like

Ha, I knew I recognized your user id! I just registered on Titan Quest Fans.

Yep, that’s my site. I’m technically the owner since I pay the bills. :laughing: Long time TQIT and GD fan.