Am i the only one who disabled post processing?

I think the same as Gnuffi, I’ve disabled it for a current playthrough for more visual clarity on Hagarrad but other than that it doesn’t make Grim Dawn happy and carebear. Tbh the game is colorful and not dark for me regardless of this setting, except a few locations. I consider Diablo 1 to be dark and D2 already felt off to me in this regard with its jungle and desert.

it would be cool if there’s some options to toggle the atmosphere filtering and fx according to your characters’ theme. noblebright atmosphere with godrays everywhere for light celestials loyalists, dank swampy atmo for dark cultists, fabulous air and sparkles for memers.

1 Like

Part of that “grey filter” is a result of the ever present “fog-layer” they use. It’s one of the reasons I like to use GI to disable it. Removing it makes the visuals a bit crisper.

And just a hint to people: you can add your own “post-processing” if you don’t like the devs post-processing. I dunno about AMD, but with Nvidia you can custom do your own…

3 Likes

Because a lot of gamers love it.

See POE, Wolcen, Last Epoch, Lost Ark and many more.

It’s like an amusement park. I can’t even tell what’s going on. But, a lot of people seem to love it

i dunno how players find such annoying flashing lights on damaged enemies to be a necessary features. if devs want some light flash colors as damage feedback, i’ve seen it done better on many koei’s warriors series games. enemies don’t flashes when hit in these games, they just had some flashing light colors near the area of impact without tarnishing the appearances and animations of enemy models.

i guess i just wants combat in games to be visceral and gritty without too much fx blocking the wounds and weapon impacts on the bodies of players and enemies.