Anatomy of Murder - in line with other passives?

Unless you guys can prove that NB’s performance has become significantly worse with this nerf (like, suddenly human nemeses are impossible to beat), I’d suggest you to accept the change and move on with your life.

1 Like

Call it soft data (and sorry, no videos):
I played SR yesterday, SR70/71…before patch. So, 35 % Racial Damage on AoM and 25 % on Mythical Guthook Belt. SR 70 Fabius, really hurt me, but I got him low (he died afterwards) to blink away from Mad Queen. SR 71…Aleksander and Benn´Jhar. You know, the “Meteor in the Cage”-Combo. Could kill Aleksander fast…died to his last meteor (shit happens).

After hotfix, played it again: 16 % AoM, 12 % Guthook. SR70: Fabius got a real pita because I couldn´t get him down (had to kite because of…Garbagol). And in 71 Aleksander Benn´Jhar again. Well, let´s say…my Trickster needs a new hat because of fallen meteors.

Can´t give any time or something. But significantly longer although Fox (Devotion) got buffed a little bit.

My life is fine, with nerf or without it, thanks. But this is feedback section and when someone (in this case: me) wants to give feedback, than this is the place. And No, someone shouldn´t write only when something “is impossible”.

SR >60 :man_shrugging:

What do things look like below the bar of unfairness?

Does it matter for a comparison? The enemies didn´t change.

Fabius’ aura did get adjusted, so did Kaisan’s eldritch bolt, and two others. Both in SR and Cruci.

Fair. Was still a great difference but, as I said: With double Racial Damage not a very reliable one when talking only about Anatomy of Murder.

It is an honor to be mentioned like this along with @MikeHeydon

The best part of playing classless is that the only balance changes to affect your experience are the gear/component/augment/devotion changes. In this, im unaffected completely by this change, and the love @Zantai and his team put into these gear updates is going make for some really… EPIC… Stories!

I am also considering building lore driven characters who DO utilize classes, but each one focusing entirely on maining whatever skill or passive everyone cries the most about. So as an example, were i to do it right now following the 1.1.4.2 update, it would be a Nightblade whose soul focus is Anatomy of Murder. Maybe he suffered a really bad injury to his blade arm, and lost some dexterity so hes kind of a washed-up old has-been assassin. You get the idea.

Find a way to make it fun and interesting! The game is built for creativity, and where there is a will, there is a way.

1 Like

I dunno, probably because they each affect roughly equivalent chunks of the game? FoR gets to apply to Aleks, Grava, Benn, and Vald, whereas AoM applies to Iron Maiden, Fabius, Anasteria, and Aleks, so 4:4 with some overlap. But AoM also gets to kill some of the most dangerous humanoid bosses in the game, such as Avris, Sister Crimson, and Brother Segarius. Plus if we look outside the vacuum, isn’t Arcanist a shit mastery since it can’t apply any (relevant) RR anyways? Seems like AoM is inherently far superior to FoR simply because Night’s Chill exists.

RE: Flat Damage: Yes, let’s give Nightblade, a mastery with AMAZINGLY STRONG USES OF FLAT DAMAGE, flat damage values equivalent to Arcanist, a mastery with EXTREMELY LIMITED USES OF FLAT DAMAGE. I’m sure that’ll be fine.

Vitality Decay builds still have a use for AoM in the duration support.

Edit 1: Got my acronyms mixed up.

Outside of reckless power I’m having a hard time finding the large sources of flat damage in arcanist. Can I borrow your microscope?

IEE, FoR, RP

You’ll also note I never said anything along the lines of

Pardon my logical jump that failed to make its way into the post. The values on FoR and IEE are pretty small and I wanted to convey that a value ‘in line with’ those would be small indeed. This is not to say I’m advocating for adding flat to AoM. I agree NB is very well equipped to leverage flat damage and already has means to amass large quantities of such. (Cough buff arcanist flat values cough)

1 Like

image image

image image

:thinking:

Compared to…what…

2 Likes

First, I want to mention, that I voted for something “defense” in the first place. As I said, it could be contra-productive to nerf something (because of too high damage) and give it…damage for compensation.

On the other hand, and this is an earnest question, would some flat damage for Vitality and Bleed make it OP?

Compared to skills they probably shouldn’t be compared to without more context, Brute Force, Deadly Momentum, spectral binding etc?

My gripe with arcanist values is that the mastery has no innate means to deliver the flat damage and that the hoops to jump through to make IEE a worthwhile investment are either obscure or simply don’t exist.

I get that the values are in line with some other abilities (which all appear to have better assortments of impactful stats), it’s just so hard to leverage the flat damage on arcanist that most %WD builds are better served by investing elsewhere (or just not picking arcanist)

If it is to really bring in line with Fabric of reality, why not add another racial bonus against beast? This would solve alot of cold nightblade build’s problem with Kuba specifically, he is a pain to deal with.

And make Bleeding Trickster eat a bunch of nerfs given that it already can stack Beast damage through Direwolf Crest and Huntress devotion.

I’m not against it, but color me surprised if that class combo isn’t nerfed again.

Wasn’t this the point Ceno was trying to make?

Since when is “in line” the same as nearly double. IEE is an aura and has 94 flat damage compared to ~54 on other auras.

Fabric of Reality is a self-buff passive and has 112, compared to 88 on Spectral Binding, 97 on Dual Blades (at rank 22). Yes, it’s less than Brute Force, but that’s 2h-er specific.

I don´t want that. I said this already! :laughing:

Enough Bleeding Nerfs in the last months… :yum:

Yeah, let’s take it easy with certain suggestions before they backfire. :smile:

It was always the problem with Bleeding Trickster and Racial Damage. Sure, I think (correct me, if I am wrong) Bleeding Trickster got the whole nerf package with Mythical Guthook Belt, Direwolf Crest and Anatomy of Murder, but the amount it had before was quite…good (understatement). 60 % on Humans and 33 % against Beasts…fill in Sanctified Bone and Revenant… :wink:

The solutions on Direwolf Crest and Guthook Belt were fine imho: Direwolf Crest is still very strong and the defensive compensation with Chaos Resistance and DA on Guthook helped. So my suggestion always would be something like “X % less Damage from Humans” like in Revenant or Word of Renewal (max 15 %).