Anatomy of Murder - in line with other passives?

I also see this as an opportunity to up the defensive capabilities for the mastery. It doesn’t have much going on defense-wise. Two moderate DA buffs and pitiful armor buff as reliable sources, fumble (needed to be heavily invested to really work) and some avoidance as unreliable sources. No stun/slow res, no dmg reduction, absorption or health. Which build would become op if this skill gets 100-ish enemy OA reduction?

Not even going to get into your list, but which Nightblade build needs such buffs?

Trickster…again. Rend + Veil of Shadows. Already 280 OA-shred.

You missed the physical resistance on Dual Blades. Granted it’s dual wield only, but it’s a defensive stat for a particular build type.

A very expensive one. Sure, for Piercing Builds it´s a no-brainer, for others…well, not so.

You mean like the OA reduction on Veil of Shadows?

I’m not sure I agree. Every Occultist in existence maxes Armor of the Guardian after all.

You mean 12/12? 2 for 1, you got your Poison Resistance capped, too. And 12 % Physical resistance…for Dual Blades you must invest 19/16 to get the same amount.

I don´t want to say, AoM should get Physical Resistance. Slow Resistance maybe.

I admit i’m newer to the game than most of the people in any such discussion. I can only say i’m pretty passionate with what i’m building and i try to examine everything when completing the build.

My latest creation is 2-hander acid Dervish. It was very hard to take the acid route and make this thing going. It’s hard (at least for me) to pilot it to not die in Crucible, even 130-150 waves can wreck you easily. Compared to the Tactician i’ve made earlier this feels like i switched the difficulty level somewhere. I had to make drastic adjustments and literally cover the char with every possible reasonable armor and DA i could get for the build and it’s still squishy.

The price of flat damage :smiley:

Which I don´t need…:sob:…therefore, only 5/16.

Not -OA, reduced OA which is only applied once, the highest value. So, for instance, pierce NBs which highly benefit from stacking cunning wont be likely to get this buff, they have superior Sands proc for it.

So does that mean that if VoS lost the -OA and gained Reduced OA, you’d have less of a problem? :confused:

(That’d be a nerf, btw)

Surprisingly, every mastery not having every stat is part of what makes the game balanced.

You need to make bleeding/pierce builds for God sake! But to get in line, you invest points in dual blades, if:

1. You are pierce build
  2. You can convert the damage, or if you are cold and have partial conversion
  3. Struggle with Physical res

Situation in which you invest heavy in Anatomy:

1. You benefit from % damage and cunning
  2. Nothing anymore. Racial damage+Cunning to increase damage output is probably not worth it anymore past the 1 pointer. Racial scales too low to make impact.

So small compensation isn’t bad. Plus currently DW buils are not broken and not overpowered. And please don’t say Bleeding Trickster again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

#buffbleedingtricksters2019

:wink:

On a passive, applied just by default attacks… Do you even know how strong that is? Nightblade definitely doesn’t need that type of “compensation”. I stand by what I wrote first, that if nightblade really needs compensation for Anatomy of Murder nerf, which should be properly tested by more people for couple of days at least before calling the mastery “dead”, I’d like to either see %cunning values buffed for overcapping AoM or a small amount of flat damage (similar to fabric of reality) added.

Well let’s say 80, not 100. I don’t think it’s that strong. First thing, OA is only reduced on your target. Make it for 2 seconds and it will be hard to sustain on big groups.

I can’t see how buffing cunning further is a solution. It buffs pierce more than cold and acid and leaves it as yet another 1 point wonder for cold and acid. Don’t we have enough of those skills?

I guess building will be easier, that’s one good thing.

Actually, nightblade’s builds don’t have that good defence. Only infiltrator is very consistent in this question.
That’s why I’m trying to promote the idea to make Blade Barrier decent defensive cooldawn

2 Likes

And then you use Ring of Steel once and you apply the debuff to all enemies in an aoe around you due to its %WD.

It’d just be there as a very small compensation and also pierce builds aren’t the strongest anyways. But tbh I don’t think AoM will need much of a compensation if any at all.

I don’t see much difference after AoM change. The only thing - sometimes I can’t kill Alex untill his boyfriends heal him at fool HP
On another hand, defensive buff prob is the only thing that NB needs now

What a drama, wow, and you guys didn’t even call me!

Harsh nerfs, can’t add anything here. I think if Anatomy of Murder should be “in line” with other bonuses it could get something in return. Maybe flat Cunning or something like flat HP. I think flat Vitality is absolutely useless for Nightblades, flat Bleeding will call for another round of Bleeding Trickster nerfs (which has been nerfed into the ground already). Flat HP makes sense, imo, flat Cunning might be too much for already op Pierce Nightblades, but flat HP is smth that a quite a bit of Nightblades could use.

4 Likes