Announcing Community Highlights

I have Rektbyprotoss, magipher and malagant on my Twitch list, they’re all great when I want some GD content. I’ll add the others, too.

edit: I added Reinan22 on twitch, but arcadelife wasn’t on twitch, he’s on youtube. Good stuff there, too.

1 Like

What we need is a real manual. There’s too many information around there but too many someone’s personal view. I get lost among the guides, tips and tricks. That’s, thus, a great decision to highlight the usefull content made by players. If there’s no a real manual yet maybe I make myself in 3 languages and post here. Highlight if you think is good enough to. There’s someone else like me out there trying to get the best out of the game withot getting lost among the plenty of information.

Anyway, thanks for being the way you are. But please do not make new lightning content. I’ve dropped Titans Quest and I didn’t buy Forgotten Gods because of that. I like to play in the shadows.

Be the broker or the breaker / be the giver or the undertaker.

OMG thank you for adding a link to my channel on this! You’re so kind <3 OK now, everyone, be serious. Go follow Rekt instead.

2 Likes

Depends what sort of manual you actually mean. Game guide is here and always has been.

Guide – Grim Dawn

Hello there,

By manual I mean a manual. Lol. The game guide is more a map. When we’ve got I map we know where places are and their name – Apps telling us the way to reach to some of the places tell us that the map does not give us enough information – and we can see how many people have created content about “how to” which is the reason below the manual existence. The tutorial is not enough informative either.

Telling us something like “don’t forget to spend points on the mastery bar…” is quite useless if someone’s never played any kind of role-play game it would take just one or more level to check that he’s getting only the first “power” of a character,

You must have seen and even know better than me, but take a look at Divinity Original Sin Manual and how the official Grim Dawn game guide hide its features more than hide the hidden path – lol --.

I end up buying both Forgotten Gods and Crucible but I’m still asking myself, despite of reading tips and tricks, the reason behind its development.

As I write I take another look at the game guide and it’s not as “void” as I recall but there’s a lot of loopholes within.

Anyway, a manual is/should be a more detailed and the main place for everyone. Something like the source from where we get the base on building our personal ideas, opinions and information. Since it’s not real world it has its limitations and even features/issues the developers couldn’t get it as I’ve seen about exploit in some game.

I hope I could make myself clear with this text wall. Sorry about that.

1 Like

You say the guide is generally empty, but what do you consider missing exactly? Can you give examples of what you want included in there?

I cant. Im on my, maybe, 10th character almost 240+ hours, despite steam displaying otherwise because I`ve always got sync error. LOL. And I didnt even meet Warder(n).

I mean I`ve passed too many years without playing anything and once I noticed playing would help my health issues I picked some games to take it seriously so I guess maybe theres nothing wrong about it I might be overwhelmed with games features since ages I dont play any kind of RPG seriously.

But one thing is for certain when and why use this or that item? One of the very first comment I read about someones build wad “first remove all those blank items from there” lol.

I still dont get some things because this is for sure: we need a centralized info. I get lost among the whole bunch of build and none of them fit I want to. It doesnt matter if its going to be harder or not I just wanna play my role on the role-play game. lol.

We need general info the list of builds is so much personal and despite there are players better than others no one is the creator so I thank the builds and other info you all provide but lets play for fun. I`ve posted one or two builds of mine to check what you guys think of Im going to do again is my definitive edition too many hours and stuck in the first chapter. lol

It take some time to check the info I wish they have provided us but I make questions in small amount from time to time which might be the info I couldnt get anywhere else Ive searched before.

i feel like/reads to me what’s the difference between a game manual and a game guide.
Unsure if because i’m “old”, but a game manual to me is stuff with like basic info “came included with the game when you bought it”.
Then a game guide was the 800page book with detailed tips and tricks and in depth game info/mechanics sold separate (often not even made directly by the actual devs themselves).
In this case the dev’s manual fits that, and what you’re after is a game guide; which you then have to use the stuff posted by community members/“compiled and published by 3rd party”

Gnomish is right. The fun in games like Grim Dawn is the control that they give you over how you build your characters. The devs’ only obligation should be to make sure you understand the mechanics, and really, they’re pretty simple. If by “guide” you’re asking for them to do the community’s work for it and give you the “best builds” or something wayside like that, then that’s neither necessary nor reasonable.

That’s exactly what I’ve said about build “guides” and posts: it’s not general info but my taste, your taste. What I’ve asked for is a general and centralized information about the game like even Emperor the Middle Kingdom has. Why I got the info I’m going to lose X attack per second when I holding a gun and I got the opposite info as soon as I drop the gun I was holding? I couldn’t get it and there’s no explanation about it. what am I missing? It’s just an example.

Far from asking for ready-to-go build even because it would be boring and useless since no one can tell style we like.

I don’t mind if my way is going to give myself a hard time since I can play the role I like. But I really like to know better from detailed information. That’s it.

again, that would be the type of stuff that’s in a game guide, not a manual, so you can’t really demand devs do that because it’s never been the norm
also, even that completely ignored, that specific example is pretty basic “already visible to you ingame”, you’re perhaps just missing it or it’s not presented in the exact format you want
your stuff ingame is already telling that your gun has a lower attak per second base scaling than a different weapon or “empty hand”

that means when you have 10% attack speed bonus (which is static/fixed amount) that will the scale differently because the base speed is different between the two items used.

again, you might not think the format is presented proper to you “but it’s there”.
And what you really want is a game guide: compiled by the community (not talking build guide), and a game manual is what the devs have provided just as usual, providing just basic game info to get you started.

you really should get forgoten gods if you enjoy the game,you are missing out on a lot of QoL stuff without it

When I tried to e-mail PR@crateentertainment to submit my youtube channel for consideration, I received an automated reply saying:

“Your message wasn’t delivered because the recipient’s mailbox is undergoing maintenance and can’t accept messages now. Please try resending the message later.”

I will of course try again later, but just wanted to make sure it was something you (Crate) know about.

Cheers.

Hm, that doesn’t make sense. Our email is hosted by Google. :laughing:

1 Like

I figured it out. When you copy+paste an e-mail address to make sure that you don’t spell it wrong, it turns out that you have to copy the entire thing. That .com at the end is important.

I also wanted to say thank you for this initiative as well, what you guys are doing is a great way to give back to the community.

Thank you.

You took one example as the whole speech. Thank you, anyway.

I thought I’ve mentioned it here. I’ve got it with Crucible as well. I still don’t like the changing from gothic to Miami beach lol.

1 Like

well you posted a specific example so it was easy to use and highlight
again, it doesn’t change the previous mention, there is sorta a difference between a game manual and game guide, what you want is a game guide and that is usually generally mostly not provided by devs but others, in this case/GD community players compiled those mechanics details in various guides/posts (we have an entire forum section dedicated to it)
basic stuff is in the manual, the “meaty” stuff is in the guides Guides and Tutorials - Crate Entertainment Forum

I’m quite sure I’ve said more than that and an example musn’t be taken as an argument. Anyway, I could get the archived guide posted above.

And, yes, I know that the comminity members have provide unquestionable help on the game understanding but I just wish everything in one document which I think of doing some day for me and for others even because I would have to learn bit by bit to get what should be compiled or not.