Announcing Fangs of Asterkarn!

with a 3rd expansion surely will come a 3rd stuffed goodie, the best yet ? :hushed:

3 Likes

The game that just keeps giving. I was a very early adopter and you have yet to fail Crate. Loved TQ, love GD, and snowy peaks sound awesome!

Today, due to my busy life, I have needed portability more and more, I hope that GD can increasingly bring improvements in this sense. After the launch for Xbox, the game has improved a lot in this regard, I hope it is more optimized for portable computers with Steam Deck, today Nowadays, sometimes I play on a cell phone + GameSir x2 via Steam Link, it’s also improved a lot, but I’d like more.

Dunno why this triggered a fight or flight but it did lol.

@Zantai In what timeline does the 3rd expansion take place? Like after the base game, 1st or 2nd expansion or something in between.

Chronologically, FoA would be taking place after Ashes of Malmouth.

1 Like

When will preorder be available?

What about FG? Does FoA have any chronological connection to FG?

Forgotten Gods is chronologically last, if you want to get into the canon, but you will be able to start FoA and FG whenever you want as soon as you reach their unlock requirements, just as before.

7 Likes

Wow, glad to see this.
Out of curiosity, was it mentioned what caused the change of heart regarding another expansion?
If I remember correctly, previously it was said that adding another mastery would add even more complexity to a system that was already very complex, and various other factors that made another expansion hard to realize.

Either way, more Grim Dawn is always great.

Zantai said in the dev stream they were getting a bit of an itch to get back into the game and also they realised the storylines they’re developing for the RTS game which will be set on Cairn in pre-GD era could need some background/history about them in GD. So we get a 3rd expansion!

6 Likes

does that new GD Beserker mastery comin 2024 come w a wolf companion as the pic shows announcement wise? yes or no.

We don’t know what the shapeshifting will be yet.

1 Like

I doubt they would show that as the main expansion picture and not have a wolf pet,what i am more curious is if the wolf will be based on pet bonuses or player bonuses,as this mastery seems to be focused on melee and shapeshifting,but who knows,maybe it also has some pet suport

Best news ever !

Pardon my laziness and arbitration, but I didn’t check the 200 comments here.
With the release of Fangs of Asterkarn, a new mastery and it’s combinations are coming. Will we see an increase in character limit of 50 to accomodate for our zerkers?

The number of characters you can have?

If you are using Steam for cloud save, then no. That’s set by Steam.

If you do local save then you can have “unlimited”.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. Thanks for swift reply!

Hi, devs and everyone. I hope the text files will be available for translation soon. (Sorry if it has been discussed above).

There wont be any texts to translate this time :slight_smile: