(another) Arcanist question about damage conversion in the talent tree

To keep this quick and simple.

Albrecht’s Aether Ray with Tainted Power (converts 100% aether to chaos damage for this ability).

Taken with Reckless Power in the same skill tree.

Does the +% Aether Damage given from this toggled ability boost the damage of Aether Ray before it gets converted to Chaos damage? Or is the bonus pointless now?

I found this info when I searched on the order things happen

““The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives””

So is the bonus from Reckless Power considered a “skill modifier” or a “Passive” ?

After conversion/transmuter the only damage type that affects your main damage is the converted damage type. So with that transmuter non of the aether and lightning %damage multiplier works for you.

It does, or else Zantai wouldn’t have bothered to have removed the % damage in Disintegration as a blanket nerf to several overperforming AAR variants like cold and physical. Because that % damage affects all conversions.

Same applies to all other modifiers to base skills like Rending Force and Circle of Slaughter that have % damage.

1 Like

It is considered a passive. A skill modifier in this case would be Disintegration which used to also feature a +x% Aether damage bonus to AAR that would apply before Tainted Power’s conversion but it was removed recently.

This image from korsar a few years back should give some context to most of these:

1 Like

The Fire damage would be effected by global or transmuter/item skill modifier conversion in my experience. At which point I’m not sure but I don’t think it matters as much as the order of conversion as the only question is whether the % damage bonus from mastery skill modifiers apply to it and Fire does not have one natively on Sigil or Destruction in this case.

1 Like