Another new track posted!

http://www.grimdawn.com/media/Grim%20Dawn%20-%20Remember%20the%20Dead.mp3

You’ll notice the drums come in a little hard at the beginning. That will probably be mixed different in the final cut. These are all actually first-cut.

Enjoy!

Drums sound just fine to me. Yet another awsome track to listen to while I mutilate my foes :smiley:

Another nice track!

Another enemy down… :slight_smile:

January is month of Grimmy Muzax…

Don’t notice anything bad with those drums personally, nice track! ^^

Excellent! I do enjoy this piece a lot! It looks like we’ll have a lot of nice tracks on our rampages.

track gets my thumbs up as well

DON’T ALTER ANYTHING!!!

WOW, oh WOW, things are looking very nicely in the music department, there is certainly a dark theme to all the music which is how it should be, this one reminds me of something but can’t remember what

so yeah, drums are fine, leave them be OR ELSE!!!

Oohhh, I love how dark and enigmatic the flute theme is… so magically entrancing, yet eerily haunting… God damn this is more exciting than the pics.

EDIT: how does your musician - sound guy create these tracks? What program, keyboard (if any) etc?

Awesome!!!

Gotta second that. I’m very intrigued as well.

As for the track. I think it’s the most pleasing so far for my ears. I’m seriously impressed with the music in general so far. It’s gonna blend very nicely in the gameplay I bet. Two thumbs up.

Whats wrong with the drums!? keep them!!

I really like the music. I enjoyed having it in the background while surfing.

I guess it is more a matter of how they work in-game with the other music. I enjoy them as well when listening to the track outside the game but when you’re playing the game it can be a bit jarring to have one track fade out softly and then suddenly booming drums come out of nowhere. At this point, it is just my personal opinion though. We’ll have to see what the other guys think.

I know the music guys aren’t done with these tracks. They’ve said now that we’ve agreed upon the direction of the music and have some tracks we all like, that they plan on extending them, making some more and creating a final mix of each track.

I’m not really very musically inclined, so it is all a mystery to me. They have a process though and I don’t want to interfere while it is generating such good results. ; )

In terms of how they create the music, they could answer better than I but I know they’ve done a number of recording sessions with musicians playing real instruments.

I’ve gotta say this is by far the best track released yet. Also It looks you’ve came with a very fitting name Medierra.

You could just let us beta test it to see if we like how the drums start while in play, or put a video, either way works. :smiley:

How will music play in GD? Will a certain area have it’s own music or it will be just continous of all GD track? I certainly hope that certain area have it’s own music so as to make regional/area feel more memorable.

I imagine it would be event specific.

In battle? Battle music fires up (and stays for a while…unlike Sacred2…I hope…).

Boss battle? Unique boss music.

Epic quest? Epic theme.

New area? New theme.

etc

Well I just remembered medierra saying some tidbits about this in different thread. Quoting:

This is a beautiful song. I really love the flute (or whatever that is) melodies. Love, love, love it.

Our plan is to have a playlist for each region with a number of tracks it plays in a randomized order. How unique the music for each region will be depends on the number of tracks our guys are able to produce. It may be that each region will have entirely its own playlist or just 1-2 unique songs and a couple shared with another region. We may also have some event music that kicks in when you’re fighting a boss or such.

We won’t have different music for being in or out of combat since… well, you’re in combat 99% of the time that you’re outside of town. It seemed like it would work better to just base the music on where the player was and what we expected them to be doing there. So when you’re in town, there is a town theme, and then when you’re outside of town, there is region-specific music that is typically faster paced.