Anti-farm code: is this a real thing? Do loot drops get worse after a while?

Greetings GD community! It has been forever since my last post in these forums.

I have recently returned to the game and have been doing a lot of Morgoneth runs.

I can’t keep thinking that the more runs I do the less relevant the loot drops are. I tried to research but reached no conclusion. Is there some sort of code in the game that detects when players are farming repeatedly the same area over and over and then prevents better loot to drop?

Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Lol why would anybody ever create such a thing? Why would you even think such a ridiculous thing? Of course that’s not real…

1 Like

Someone has an RNG meme that shows a figure with a dodecahedron face flipping a double bird. That would be an appropriate picture here. It absolutely seems as though the more you farm an area the less effective it seems to become.

The game has no code that tracks (anything) what players do session to session.

Ridiculous or not it does exist in other games. Diablo II or Guild Wars are two examples.

About the reason why would such thing be implemented is simple: make the game more challenging. If the game was exclusively singleplayer, yeah I agree it would not make sense to penalize your audience for playing more. But GD has multiplayer mode, so there must be some sort of different loot tables when you start repeating the same content over and over.

This is just a feeling after almost 3100 hours playing this game. Could be completely wrong.

You are.

Grim Dawn is designed for and balanced for single player. Its multiplayer exists solely to allow players to enjoy the game together.

1 Like

Perhaps you just need to join the Church of RNGesus? We’re accepting new members everyday!

1 Like

what does this even mean?
remember there is no smart loot so the game already default don’t care what you run or are after thus has no real distinction for what you might consider relevant, there is just RNG and drop %s

Surprising to nobody, I like the idea of anti-farm code. It matches my play style. Please implement.

1 Like

I understand the sentiment. I don’t really trust online-based ARPG games in that sense either. Grim Dawn on the other hand has fixed % drop rates. You can look them up in the Grim Dawn Monster Database .

What you are worried about is something Crate just wouldn’t do because it goes against their design philosophy for GD.

There’s nothing in the game preventing you from using input macros, sharing duped items in multiplayer or crashing your own in-game economy because it is indeed a single player game and you are allowed to manipulate the game however you like.

Hahaha I’m laughing so much with this response :laughing:

Yeah must be all in my head then! I am glad if there isn’t really an anti-farm code.

Praise the Lord RNGesus! :joy:

1 Like

I like biases and how they mess with our minds.

The whole concept of loot in games like Grim Dawn -especially Grim Dawn- inherently give the feeling of an anti-farm code.

The more relevant gear that has already dropped for you, the less relevant new loot becomes.

Also, when you are farming for a set, like Lokarr’s:
The first run has a 100% chance of dropping relevant loot. The second run 75%. Once you have 2 items, you have a 50% chance of relevant loot. And that last item ‘only’ has a 25% chance to drop.
(Not taking into account better rolled items for the same slot)

Once these biases become more complex, it is really difficult to shake the feeling that there is separate code running to mess with you.

If anything there’s “pro-farming code”, because as far as I know, there’s very low chance to get the same legendary items twice during the same session, which make hunting for certain legendaries a bit easier.