Any 2H ranged purifiers able to manage morgoneth runs?

pissed away 3 skeleton keys already trying to “ignore” the dog portals as is suggested around some google results and i’m not sure it’s even viable for my build/playstyle…how am i supposed to ignore these relentless death dispensers? i can’t even progress forward in the dungeon because how am i supposed to manage huge groups of similar and more powerful groups ahead of me with these things constantly spawning behind me? and yes i’m spamming the new evade and phoenix rise to create distance and avoid damage as needed but then that just puts me back into more aggro with previous portals

am i just wasting my time? am i inherently excluded from this content because i chose a certain build?

All of them are able to because it’s not very difficult content. I recommend uploading your build here Grim Dawn Build Calculator for others to check out for potential improvements.

1 Like

:woozy_face: guess we not factoring in poorly made gnuffi memes then :sweat_smile:

but yea, what tqFan said @FireStrikeMyAnus morgoneth might be a tougher boss, but still considered regular content and shouldn’t be out of reach for most builds, so your purifier can likely be tweaked to success

1 Like

okay tear it apart, i’m a pure casual and don’t have thousands of hours to figure this stuff out

just really awful luck with drops all weekend too, and then it crashed on me again in the middle of sunward spire because i had the audacity to pause it for ten minutes while i took care of something irl, just on the verge of uninstalling i don’t have time for all this grind

you normal elite or ultimate difficulty?

*looks like you don’t have enough healing for the probably low dmg output it has with that mix of skills
9% lifesteal would potentially be considered cutting it a bit tight already for a regular firestrike oriented build, but you’re mixing in so many casts you don’t even really get to use that the same
Morgo deals 4 dmg types, phys, cold, vitality “and whatever his ghost minion spawns”
already on Normal difficulty your Vit res is a bit on the lower side, shouldn’t be detrimental, but if you’re on Ultimate it’s not good

i’d probably consider shifting some skills/streamlining a bit, either focus in fire strike and full pew pew, or ditch fire strike and focus in bombs, and either way you probably don’t want/need word of pain

For starters, cap (80%) your resistances with components and augments.
This should be your priority and not 15% Fire damage / OA / DA etc. here and there which has marginal impact.

For example a quick / easy fix for Vit res would be 2 Soul shards in rings.
Or even better 1 SS + Kilrian’s Shattered Soul which is great in chest

You can also get some more resistances on gear if needed because a lot of it has none / only Elemental res which is easy to get

I don’t think it’s about the boss only but the whole dungeon? And if I remember correctly there is i.e. Poison damage there too?

Dunno, I’d say damage wise looks ok to m, I think it’s just low resistances which are the issue.

normal vet

i’ve been a little more proactive with the twin fangs and that seems to help with the lack of healing, but it still plants my feet to do fire strike…think i should reassign the fangs to something else?

the more i use this class the less i like inquisitor skills, word of pain really does seem pointless and doesn’t seem to debuff as much as it should to be worth a damn

yeah i’ve played 277hrs so far and i still don’t have a grasp on the value of OA/DA

holy shit didn’t know about that item that looks sweet, gonna go get one of those anyway

1 Like

Here’s my fix:

Drops Torch and bat to get more RR and defence/sustain + get’s part of Hydra done for more attack speed. Which reallocation of skill points allows for more weapon attack damage. Which combined with more RR means you hit harder.

finally got around to trying this out…immediate huge improvement in survivability, so i’m clearly wrong about inquisitor skills since nothing in demo comes close to it…also i think it’s maybe chilled rounds but seems like every 4-5 shots there’s just a free second shot burst?

maybe it’s the way grimtools works, but i wasn’t able to fill out the devotion tree as completely as you did? doesn’t look like there is anything even allocated to crossroads? i did try and got most of it…can’t believe i missed Kraken that stuff is huge

i also noticed the components are different in your build, was that intentional or another grimtools thing? i’ll do it, looks like i need to mix up augments better too

thanks, this got me to start playing again, haven’t taken on morgo with it yet but using it to try and farm kilrian’s right now

1 Like

That’s probably because I forgot to count how many devotion points you had >_< My brain art garbage at the moment due to really bad ADHD + more sleep fun, so I forget stuff constantly…

And great to hear my ideas helped :3