Any advice for 0 damage dealt challenge?

I want to try this for the challenge and the fun of it. Getting to 100 having dealt 0 damage. Could need some tips and advice on it.

You can lvl up to lvl2 reading notes. Summon/pet character is a given. Can’t use any retaliation gear or buffs. Aether crystals and object can be broken with pet forced attack.

Here’s the main problem I’m having - accidentally attacking mobs! Even with move only on LMB, my character attacks mobs - any tips on how to fix that specifically?

I’m not sure what other hidden pitfalls can ruin this challenge. If anyone can think of some please share.

Just hold shift so you don’t move.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, the character doesn’t attack monsters with LMB if you have move on LMB. I’ve just checked it. Can you explain more?

1 Like

Yea I didn’t get that either. There’s something missing here he has to be leaving out because that’s the whole point of being able to slot that “skill” - so he must be interfering somehow and screwing it up.

Perhaps he should post a video so we can see where he is going wrong if he isn’t able to detail everything clearly in writing.

This actually makes you attack in-place even with Move on LMB so I wouldn’t use that. Especially ranged would be dangerous.

If he’s going pets he shouldn’t be attacking anyway. Pets do all the work. If I have pet attack on LMB/RMB then I still use shift so I don’t move.

Hmmm maybe that was it… I accidentally held shift or something. It happened twice. For 99% of the time, move only causes no attacks to be made. But it has happened 2 times ruining it. Once was an aether crystal I believe but not sure… does aether crystals count as a destructable object and a monster so that it counts damage? Because move only still works on objects. I changed my playstyle there to make pets attack doors/objects.

I just want to root out accidental ways one can cause damage before making my first serious attempt.

Turn off this (if it’s indeed causing damage):

I’d also remove Stationary Attack - Shift binding from Keybinding option because, although I understand Medea’s usage of it, it WILL make you attack if you hold it and press LMB, no matter if you have Move / Pet Attack / Default attack on it, and there can be monsters around at the time and you cannot risk it.

1 Like

Thanks!

For the shift button… I’ll simply remove it off my keyboard.

Sounds a bit too drastic :laughing: and don’t forget you may sometimes need it for inventory / stash management to move items between them

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean you don’t stop swinging/moving your arms trying to attack, but if you’re far enough away from foes then it doesn’t matter and with a pet build you should be far enough away. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What if you use Cryptstalker

Far away? O.o Hmmm. I’m struggling hard on my pet builds when it comes to aggro. Despite the generate threat abilities I feel like I always have to run in circles for ages for every boss.

I’ve no idea what that is.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=grim+dawn+cryptstalker

Most bosses are immune - or heavily resistant - to Taunts/Threat Generation.

It matters if you’re using ranged weapons, which fire parallel to the ground with Shift+Click and thus can hit faraway enemies.