Any chance of a ps5 port

Hello there,

Used to play this game a number of years back before my PC died a sudden death and was wondering if there has been any movement in regards to perhaps a PlayStation port.

I see that there is a new expansion that looks fabulous, i know the chances are still probably slim to none, which is a total shame as I imagine this game would sell incredibly well on that console.

Anyways, any information on this question would be welcome.

Thank you

I doubt it, crate spent a long time trying to get the right conditions to be allowed onto the Xbox game store, I imagine they don’t want to go through that again.

I certainly wouldn’t in their shoes. See enough of the problems with sorting console stuff out with TQ and other THQN games. More trouble that they’re worth most of the time it seems with all the obstacles that are put in the way of actually getting the games/patches out there.

That’s really sad news, thanks for the replies

Does Sony really have a verificiation process like MS does? Since “games” like Life Of Black Tiger are readily available on both PS4 and PS5, I kinda doubt they have any supervision over what gets released on their platform at all.

I believe they do. I know that Crate were in talks with Sony some years ago, but they broke down. This from an interview Zantai did back in 2018:

" Why did you choose Microsoft’s console for Grim Dawn? Are there any chances to see it on other platforms such as PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch?

A big part of it is that it’s easier to port from PC to the Xbox. It helped that Microsoft was very interested in the port and helped us get set up initially. Sony contacted us initially, but communication broke down so we prioritized the Xbox."

And if you want a glimpse into the background of getting these sorts of things done, here’s a thread about Medierra, GD and Epic’s store.