Any mods that increase faction rep/drop rate?

I’ve been searching the forums and nexus mods for an increase drop rate mod and only found 1 mod, and it’s very outdated now so it doesn’t work anymore (I never used it, just judging from what I saw in the comments)

For reference, here is the mod I’m talking about: https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/20

Also, as the title says but are there any mods that increase the rate you earn rep with a faction or even just unlock all of it?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can have a look here to see if there are any mods for increasing drop rates, but with the addition of Monster Totems with the Forgotten Gods expansion loot rains down pretty well these days.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/c/grimdawn/modding-projects

As for faction rep you do know that you can buy Writs which will increase rep with a faction by 50% when applied to a character? And once you hit Revered with a faction you can buy their Mandates to give to your other characters and they increase faction rep gain by 150%.

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/character/factions/#q11

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I did look through that section and unfortunately did not really find what I was looking for.

I knew about the Writs part but grinding to honored every time with a new faction to buy the Writs gets sorta tiresome after a bit haha

I’ve been constantly on and off with Grim Dawn and I just recently committed to a fresh playthrough so I just wanted to skip some of the very grindy aspects like faction rep. Still trying to keep the playthrough somewhat legit and not cheaty so figured it couldn’t hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you only need one character to reach Revered with all the factions to be able to buy their Mandates for your other characters to use.

The easiest would be to change the thresholds for various reputation levels here:

I can make it for you for current beta 1.1.9.2 patch (but it may get overwritten by update)
or tell you step by step how do it (it’s simple) so that you can mod it yourself when game’s updated.

I also already made a detailed instruction on the forum how to hard-mod it such things so that you don’t have to play Custom Game.

Thank you, I definitely appreciate it!

I figured as you said it’d be better if I just learn how to do it so when it gets overwritten by updates I can just go in and change the values again.

So if it’s not too much trouble for you, could you tell me step by step how to do this?

Also, could I do these similar steps to affect drop rates too or is that completely different?

[Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I

1st step is Setting up Asset Manager in the 2nd post of the Beginner modding guide:

You need to set options of Asset Manager and then unpack / extract all the files. Be careful to set directories just as in the guide - for example Additional Source and Additional Browse directories look similar yet are not the same. Let me know when you done (I’m not in a hurry).

I’m not sure, I haven’t done it yet, maybe someone else will answer you or you could search the forum.

Sorry for the late reply, but I’ve finished setting it up properly ( I think so at least). Is there any way I can make sure it’s configured correctly?

For the “Working Directory” I used this path as suggested in the thread:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\

Since I have both the expansions, I used the concatenating method for both the Additional Directories.

So my Additional Browser Directory is set to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\

and my Additional Source Directory is set to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx1;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working\mods\gdx2\

The “Extract Game Files” finished successfully at the end so I guess it’s good to go?

1 Like

Seems fine.

Step 2 in Asset Manager:

• Mod -> New -> call it something

• Database (upper part of the window) -> Import Record -> You click

• Records -> Game -> Gameengine.dbr -> Select it -> Ok
  • Now click the Database in the lower part of the window to display gameengine.dbr file

• double click the file to open it in editor change stuff around in Factions (reputation thresholds seems easy to achieve what you want) and save it with Ctrl + s (so that there are no little square near changed lines showing changes are not saved)

• click Build -> Build or Press F7 (you don’t need to close gameengine.dbr window or Asset Manager)

• Launch the game, make new character in Custom Game, select Your Mod, start the game, check if threshholds change by looking at Devil’s Crossing Rep

• you don’t need to exit the game if you’d like to change / rebuild your mod, just need to enter the main menu, you can even rebuild while playing with character, just need to go back to main menu and back to the game to load rebuilt mod

If you finish this step I can tell you how to hardmod this thing into the main game if you don’t want to play Custom Game

So I finished this, but I don’t have a Custom Game, I’ve just been playing the Main Campaign, can you tell me how to hardmod it so I don’t have to start over?

The mod does show up when I go to custom so I think I did it correctly

But have you tested that it works? I havent. Do you see changed thresholds?

If you want to just max faction reputation, you don’t need a mod. You can use GDStash, a stash mod/character editor. Using this tool, you can set a character’s faction reputation to max in about 10 seconds without messing with mods.

It might be considered more “cheaty” than modding, but it does have the functionality you’re looking for without needing to mess around with custom games

Is there anyway I can quickly check without making a new character in custom and going through that intro questline to get into Devil Crossings “headquarters” I guess?

Haven’t looked at that mod yet, I’ll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

You don’t need intro questline, DC rep is already at the start

Yeah I understood OP wants more natural / less cheaty way (not sure if correctly) + I like promote modding anyways and in general adjusting the game to one’s preferences. Because 99% threads in other categories can be fixed by that, for example endless Wind Devils thread :wink: When you can easily mod them to be permanent and have more fun with the game.

Not sure if I’m an idiot or something but doesn’t this gate only open up if you complete the questline lol

Click the face icon on the hotbar or V I think to open Faction Window
(or maybe V is not the default button)

Ah so I am an idiot LMAO

I set it to some random number to test and it works!

Hard mod guide OUTDATED DON’T DO IT LIKE THAT NOW
How to transfer your mod’s changes to Main Campaign

• you copy GDX2.arz to your custom mod folder
    (from Grim Dawn directory / gdx2 / database to Grim Dawn dir / mods / Your_mod / database)

• there should be Your_mod.arz

• it’s created when you Built your mod in Asset Manager
  • delete Your_mod.arz and rename GDX2.arz to Your_mod.arz

• rebuild your Your_mod custom mod in Asset Manager

• this way your mod is built into this renamed GDX2.arz
      the changes are injected into renamed GDX2.arz
  • rename Your_mod.arz back to GDX2.arz (it should have over 30 MB) and swap with the original
    / put it where it was before if you cut it (Grim Dawn directory / gdx2 / database))

• now Your_mod changes should be present in Main Campaign and Crucible after you launch the game

• to restore it’s best to delete GDX2.arz and Verify Files in Steam so that it’s redownloaded

• or restore from your personal back-up

It might get overwritten by update. Also it might be worth it to unpack all files in Asset Manager again after every update. Not sure it’s necessary.

everything else is pretty much covered by the others here, but for drop rate you could try Smash and Grab. The basic gear drops normal, but for Epic and Legendary the drop rate is increased quite a bit. However, exp is accelerated quite a bit, so not sure if that’s something you want