Any news about implementing closed servers??

I would appreciate if you speak for yourself. The sole reason I left PoE for GD is because I was frustrated over the fact that the game lost its ARPGishness by making the animations repulsive without paid cosmetic, having a very limited storage space and most importantly, having an atrociously bad loot-table which basically forced people to participate in their pseudo-currency-free economy, even when one wants to feel the old school single player playstyle. I ended up farming for random pseudo-currency instead of farming for the actual gears, as those are either super rare or won’t drop in the normal way. It was anything but fun.

agreed

In ARPG comerce its REALLY fun, also theorycrafting and see what build and items are the best to clear all mobs, or do some friendly duels.

I have not the least interest in friendly duels. Theorycrafting / builds and best items are completely independent from closed servers, you have all of this for GD too. That leaves trading, which I do not mind but certainly would not describe as ‘really fun’. If the game then tries to force trading by giving me real bad drops (hello PoE) I much rather walk away from the game than waste tons of time trading.

So pretty much most of your list has nothing to do with closed servers and the rest is either fun or completely irrelevant, maybe even detrimental, depending on who you ask. Kinda like how for some people closed servers are important and for others not :wink:

So in an ARPG game the online feature is in other world compare to games like skyrim that is a pure rpg, with an strong history line.

they are only in ‘another world’ because Skyrim does not have MP

An arpg with poor multiplayer is bored, we want comerce, we want ladders, we want a bit of sane competition what is caplable to do best build, best gear, fastest, comerce, interact and enjoy the game 100% this game is great but in single player lose 50+% of potential

I do not care for any of this, so stop saying ‘we’ when you really mean ‘I’. You only speak for yourself. There is a reason why even in most MMORGs you can play solo, most people prefer it over MP.

Oh man I got a good belly laugh out of the title of this thread. Thanks for that!

I’m eating popcorn while I’m reading this thread. It is so funny, and I’m not even talking about multiplayer :stuck_out_tongue:

D3/Poe and GD might be the same Genre, but they’re not the same type of game. They have vastly different approaches and target vastly different audiences.

D3/PoE took D2 and focussed only on its end game content of ladders and such. Great if you like that. But those games only provide content for a week or two and then you leave. You’ll come back once a new ladder/season begins. You don’t do anything. You rush through the content to get to end game and do repetitive dumb shit.

Grim Dawn focusses on the leveling and building aspect of D2 and does nothing in regards to actual end game. It focusses on the player that enjoys this aspect. It has a more constant playerbase since you don’t leave only to come back when a new season/competition happens.

You do NOT need online servers to be a modern game. If you want that type of game then go to D3 and PoE since they offer what you want. Leave Grim Dawn to the players that want this type of game and fuck off with your idiotic suggestions to ruin the game. “You” can play your boring generic end game crap game. “We” can enjoy this game.

Btw…the Peak player is roughly the same amount as Peak players from Grim Dawn. Only when a new season starts PoE’s numbers go towards 50k instead of 20-25k. So having online servers means nothing in regards to a larger more active community. Only difference is that the way PoE has things set up… people waste more money on small micro transactions to make more money of your backs while delivering a sub-par game overall.

NO, no no no no… you know nothing Jon Snow. If you want ladders and such then buzz off to PoE/D3 and stop ruining Grim Dawn.

Obviously, game does not need multiplayer like PoE because it will be totally different game. Most significant part here is drop rates.
Of course cheaters are frustrating. But anyway it’s typical single-player game. There are no balance or competetion. This game has a lot of different feature. Some implemented good. Some implemented bad. Bad all of them are designed to give you fun. When they was implemented developers did not need to think about competition.
If you implement servers like PoE then it will become totally different story.

Skyrim is an arpg. Not a hack n slash, but still an arpg.

Skyrim isn’t a pure rpg. It is an ARPG.

Pure RPGs won’t be as popular as they used to be in modern world. There are plenty of old RPGs that I can name but I think Original Sin 2 is the closest thing to a “pure” RPG we have in 2017. Correct me if I am wrong regarding OS2

Can you stop thinking you are talking for everybody? There’s no “we”, there’s you only.

There is an A in Skyrim? to me its just your average generic meaningless hollow western RPG. A “sandbox” framework that you need 100-ish mods to fill with actual content. There used to be a time where Bethesda made games that were actually fun and where choices had some little effect when you made choices and where factions were actually different.

Their motto went from: “we create games we like and then find an audience for it” to “we look for an audience and create a game for it”. So with Oblivion it started to get worse and worse. Sure gameplay got more streamlined, but actual content went to shit. Then they tried to “fix” it with Fall Out 4 by adding tons of different content/mechanics that are in no way connected with one another. Over compensatory mess.

The days Bethesda made RPG’s that were fun to play with Morrowind and Fall Out 3/New Vegas are gone it seems. They’re creating just hollow shells to please the masses these days. As game developers they went down the drain. As publishers they at least got ID Software and such creating awesome reboots of Doom and Wolfenstein to somewhat redeem themselves.

Bethesda didn’t made New Vegas, Obsidian (original creators of the series) did. And Fallout 3 was atrocious, pretty much has the same issues as Oblivion.

I liked 3 more than new vegas, from a roleplay point of view being evil in 3 changed a lot (quests dialogue options, special locations) in new vegas the moral aspect of the game wasn’t very well implemented.

Uh, what? Fallout 3 was atrocious in the roleplay standpoint. And in New Vegas people reacted you for being evil in a lot of places, so i have no clue on what you are talking about.

New Vegas actually had moral ambiguity and choices. Fallout 3 was just be either too good or too evil, no in between. The moral aspect was much better in New Vegas.

I never played Fallout 3 or NV, but considering Obsidian, I find that very hard to believe.

Let’s see (i played f3 on release so i hope my memory supports me) from my evil character i remember : A special location unlocked via perk which rewarded you if you had ears of innocent ppl in your inventory; dialogue options unlocked via cannibalism perk or bad karma ; radio talking about you and your killing spread ; dedicated followers that you could unlock with low karma ; alternative ways of completing quests. From new vegas i remember…nothing.

I had several quests locked out because i was evil and other quests unlocked because i was evil. New Vegas also had the cannibalism perk and bad karma dialogue options.

I had a lot of quests where i had dialogue options based on me being evil. There’s even more based on how intelligent or dumb you are.

Quests have actual different outcomes and not “i’ll get this gun instead of this other gun” outcomes.

Just because you don’t remember doesn’t mean it’s true.

Cannibalism was in 3 as well, so were special options .

I love it when thread goes haywire:rolleyes: Anyway I’d rather play fallout 4 and enjoy it’s much better roleplaying elements and karma management:rolleyes:

I’m the thread derailer baby!

You are welcome to believe whatever you want. Statistics are on my side.

Forcing people online doesn’t mean they want to be. When it’s the only option they have to play the game they want, they will.

It’s very easy to generalize and say “we”, or “we all”, when stating your personal opinion as it seems like a bigger deal. At the end of the day, it’s still just your perspective and it doesn’t make it any more true.