Any way to ask Crate for some kind of equation reference sheet, for modding purposes?

Not sure how to ask Crate about this…im referring to equations like this one :

procRate * (1 + (cooldown * 81)/100) * (1 - (attackDuration * 11) / 100)

This is the equation used to determine the chance of a skill activating, typically when you bind a % chance devotion skill to a skill with cooldown (which is why skills with a long cooldown have a higher chance of activating devotion skills). The formula is obviously a maths formula, the problem is we have no idea what variables can be used in the equation field.

For example, “cooldown” in the equation refers to “skillCooldownTime” in a skill’s record table. But without knowing what variables = which entry in the DBR, there is no way we can write new equations properly.

To give you an idea, i am trying to figure out a way to make the procRate scale based on the % chance of the skill being activating. So for example, if you bind a devotion skill with 20% chance on attack to a skill that has a 20% chance of activating, the devotion skill’s chance on attack would scale to 100%.

The problem is, i have no idea what im supposed to use in the quation. In the DBR, the chance of a skill activating is “skillChanceWeight” but this is obviously not what you would use in an equation. Without some kind of reference table, we are stuck…it is not mentioned in the official modding guide or any other resource, and nobody on the GD discord seems to have any idea.

For some files with equations, a dropdown menu will appear as if to suggest potential variables. (See combatformulas.dbr)

You can also open the template file and you can see what variables are included with the template. (again, see combatformulas)

Gameengine only shows a few variables this way, and none of them are associated with the autocast formula, which tells me you can’t use any other variables. You can try the ones used in other equations but they probably will have no effect. These variables are hardcoded and you have no way of creating new ones.

I received an email reply from crate saying that the autocast formula is hardcoded and nothing else will work. Very sad to hear this.

1 Like