Any way to make this build Ravager able?

Taking a major kicking to the behind on this guy, any tips apreciated!

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoz0xvV

You are converting fire to chaos… and lightning to fire. Change that Medal
Those pants are really underleveled.
Your gloves are not contributing much. Anything with chaos damage would be better
The points in Black death are wasted, and you should put at least 1 point into wasting for the DA shred if you want to use that skill to proc devotions.
So are those in OFF
Softcap Inner focus
Put some points into second rite: it gives you chaos damage AND vitality resist
You need to fix your DA, it’s way too low

But also, You should rework your components and augments from the ground up.
There are much better choices out there
For example, you have 12% aether resist on your pants and 18% poison on your chest
You could replace both with Bysmiel’s veiltouch for 20% and 24% total.
Same with your gloves: a 12% pierce resist is overall a much worse deal than 10% pierce and 10% something else…
You have Antivenom salve on 2 pieces of gear that could fit Ugdenbog leather and give you bleed resist at the same time AND DA
You have no augment on your shoulders
Your weapon augments are terrible, so are your ring’s

That’s it for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the pointers! i got the glove mostly for the cast speed and +2 AAR, but i’ll look for better alternatives.

What do you mean by softcap inner focus?

What augs should i go for on weapon and rings? Would those changes get me tanky enough to tackle ravager and other celestials?

Thanks again for the tips, i’ll get to working on those.

edit: i was working under the premisse that light > fire would then go chaos? What medal would be a good substitute? this one gives me +2 AAR!

edit 2: the points in black death were for the +2 secs to BP.

actually those can be valid endgame, if everything else is already perfectly optimized and this stuff could not be gained anywhere else.

this build needs much more DA, celestials only stop critting at 3000, so let’s say you want that amount with arcane will active, hard to say how exactly, but for a start solemn watcher can be completed instead of lizard. also deputychuck made a typo wasting shreds OA, so that can help lowering the required amount.

1 Like

Yeah, but this isn’t the case here :slight_smile:

Ah yes, thanks for catching that.

I mean put 12 points in it
Softcap means the natural stopping point (12/12 in this case)
Hardcap means reaching the absolute maximum (so 22/12 in this case)
Since Inner focus has diminishing returns after 12/12, it’s worth putting points to reach at least that.

Stuff that gives you % chaos damage

I have no idea
It depends on your build… but also on your skills as a player
I have never been able to beat any celestial except Lokar personally. But I also refuse to just straight up copy builds… so YMMV

Conversion can only happen once

Anything that boosts a skill you are using, gives you resistances and/or DA and boost chaos damage would work
A well-rolled Basilisk Mark would be a good choice

Yes, but a single point gives you 1.6 seconds… the other 2 give you 0.2 second each and not much else, you could leave it at 1 point. And there isn’t a point in increasing the duration of that skill in the first place as it is just used to proc wendigo anyway. If all you want out of that skill is to proc Wendigo, then you should put a single point into Doom bolt instead and get increased proc chance with much better control over where the proc goes and get some mileage out of it since it does chaos damage and you already have +6 to that skill.
Those extra points are better invested in Second rite, Inner focus or Mirror

Really tanky build of this type looks something like that:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28pYAG2

thanks for all the tips boys! i love working on my own builds but since i’ve been away for 3+ years everything was fuzzy in my head. Time to farm some, never tought this build would be so off because the damage on it is really great. I did celestials and lokkar with a buddy tank and they melted away, but solo they shred me fast.

edit:

Hmm i think i had this before, what prompted me to change is casting DB means i have to stop casting AAR, and so i tought a duration spell that i can drop on the target and then just AAR while it keeps proc’n Wendigo would be better?

1 Like

Doom bolt has a cooldown, which means your percentage chance to apply a devotion will be higher. Yes you have to stop to cast it, but so do you with BP when you initially cast it. You are basically choosing between 6x 15% chance to apply, or 1x 100% … and doom bolt actually hurts too

i get it, gonna try that then. tbh looking at the build Iceman posted, he didnt get wendigo at all, i wonder if its bad for this build.

Wendigo is mainly used for vitality casters, whereas in chaos AAR vitality is a secondary damage type. So, Wendigo is not very useful here. Damage converted to health from its proc is also not vitally important for our survivability, since we have sigil of consumption.

I would like to stress that the build I posted (it is not mine actually) is very defensive - we collect as many physical resistance as we can and a lot of DA, even if damage suffers. With AAR the damage anyway won’t be a problem. It melts faces slower than it could, but still melts. Aeon’s Hourglasses is also very important here, since it increases uptime of mirror and Hungering Void.

2 Likes

I would not aim for ravager as a goal, but more SR kind of performance. The reason is for me at least it takes a whole different setup to take em on and some might make it look easy but it really is not. I would even go as far as inaccessible for most players. Sounds a bit like a bummer but trust me its not worth the trouble. There are some builds that take ravager much easier than others and ofcourse if you pilot well you can get some shit done, but after he gets pist off at half health shit turns sour really quickly. One heck of an enemy, completely out of the scope of regular play.

1 Like

@Feracitus There’s Ravager kill in this thread from a few patches ago:

thanks again for all the tips bros. I’m going for celestials now because it’s the only thing i haven’t done in game, and i really like this character even being SC. So i’m using it to get a feel for the game again and tackle harder content before giving another go in HC to finish all achievements.

You do SR 75 with this exact build?

i think the max i pushed was SR55 for farming only.

Doom Bolt isnt procin wendigo for me. I was under the impression that wendigo would give me 65% lifesteal from AAR damage, but if its only from its proc than it sure is underwhelming. I’m running SR up to 55 right now cos i’m lacking alot of recipes. And i’ll slowly switch the gear to make it tankier.