Anybody else do this?

Does anybody else avoid beating a game because then you’ll feel like it’s “over?” I still haven’t beaten Zelda: BOTW or Divinity 2…

You mean to avoid finishing a game you really like due to fear, that there won’t be any other game you’ll enjoy as much afterwards?
If I did that I wouldn’t finish any (good) game, but I see what you mean.

The games I don’t play from A to Z are those that just tire me, and I have to find motivation to play them. And to me, if you’re looking for motivation to continue - it’s time to stop playing.

In my opinion, when the game is good, it’s never over, you always come back to replay it. For instance I played Borderlands countless of times and know it like the back of my hand, and could replay it again without a fear of boredom.

The only thing I could wish for is to forget good games I played, so I can replay them and relive the first play through again.

I have had like…20? lvl 40-60 Skyrim chars and have never once finished main campaign. If it’s not keeping me from doing gear i generally don’t do main quest for the same reasons you mention.

Good to hear i’m not the only one :stuck_out_tongue: Whenever I do inevitably go back to play Skyrim, it’s a few months after the last time I played and I’ve forgotten what I was last doing on my previous character and would rather start over. Skill grinds for smithing can be a pain at times, enchanting is more or less normal at this point.

I have it with the witcher 3, only have to do the final battle but not wanna do it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, still haven’t finished Dark souls 3 as its supposed to be the last one and if thats true i want to wait some time before finishing it up. I even pre-ordered the “gold” version or whatever its called and only even entered the first DLC area for like 2 minutes before saying “no, not yet” to myself :eek:

Nope, not a problem for me. Maybe because I play so few games anyway. I’ve finished TQIT several times and it’s still my favourite game to play. I don’t get bored with it and I’ve been playing it for nearly 10 years now. I suspect GD will be the same, I’ll be playing it into the far distant future with no loss of enjoyment. :slight_smile: