Anyone know of a Bloody Pox build?

For some reason I feel I want to make a build around the Occultist skill Bloody Pox. Anyone know of one and whether it works well? And would I spam BP or just fire it occasionally and let it tick?

4 Likes

I ended up cobbling one together from various build guides including this one. Here’s the link but I must say it feels very weak. Did I change it too much? Any Pox experts care to critique the build?

Also the skill modifier Fevered Rage for Pox says in its tooltip “more than doubles the damage”, but the actual effect reads as “total damage modified by 40%”. Which is correct?

Maybe total damage mod used to be 100+% and description wasn’t changed since then? Pretty much the only hint is this topic from 8 years ago, lol.

And what do you mean by “feels very weak”? Did you play it? Because in you link there’s no actual build, just a skeleton of a build, if you will. In general Pox can’t deal any significant damage on its own. It’s a decent trash killing skill, and OA reduction is nice, so it has its uses regardless of rather weak damage.

what Xande said

also keep in mind Mergo’s build is both niche, meme and highly specialized in investment
this is how much investment and focus he put in to it to actually utilize the support skill as a full skill at endgame

full hardcapped line and every bonus skill modifier under the red sun
if you don’t do that, pox isn’t gonna do very much at all
and during leveling you might not have access to all/as many bonus mods, so there it’s probably still gonna be primarily for pack utility, with a secondary skill needed to help on bosses

3 Likes

Bit late for the party, but I’ve been having fun lately with this:

I’ve petitioned for more bleed support for bloody pox for the last patch, so I was excited they added mods for it on 2 items, had to give it a try.

I’ve decimated everything I’ve come across in campaign so far. Last big tests left are Morgoneth and Korvaak. Character is not complete yet, still a few skill/stats points to collect, but so far it’s pretty effective.

The main difference with @MergosWetNurse 's build is that bleed damage is much less resisted than vitality, so I can get away with less damage overall.

For now I don’t even need fevered rage… still on the fence about using it.