Arcanist Feedback(new info)

True. Moved over to (IEE 2nd modifier whose name escapes me) though.

1 Like

Elemental Balance

I just think heā€™s smarter than you at game design. Thatā€™s a pretty low bar.

Arcanist problems run a bit deeper. I mean even if you take the mastery bar stats out of the equation, compare to soldier. The passives soldier has, excluding veterancy, are worth consideration for soft capping across many of its builds, and ofc theyā€™re survival based where arcanistsā€™ are attack based. So soldier passives add a lot of comfort.

Arcane Will, well it has issues. If it had total damage modified and a shorter duration or procced at lower health maybe itā€™d work? Since arcanists can get one or two shot itā€™s not super appealing.

Mental alacrity is basically just cast speed. Yes it reduced energy cost but that often feels artificially useful since most other classes donā€™t have energy issues and the only skills you truly need mental alacrity for are the ones that have crazy high energy costs. So aside from where itā€™s designed to go hand in hand with a few skills, itā€™s mainly just cast speed.

Thing is, im okay with Arcanist having detriments defensively and leaning toward glass cannons. But the way GD lets you mix classes complicates it either way. Arcanist is also not as bad as people make it sound. I donā€™t really care if all classes equally make it to SR60+ or not. If it can be done in a way that doesnā€™t feel homogenous, great. But otherwise I want to ensure classes feel distinct. If anything I think some tankier builds get to have too much damage.

tenor

Context: doom used to say I was a good build crafter until I was banned from discord for being mean to his idol, zantai. Is your zantai shrine in your room still, or did you move it to the basement?

I have literally never seen you critical of anything zantai does, but if Iā€™m wrong please provide me a link.

Arcanist is trash tier because of no RR (which is wrong given how many Arcanist builds are doing endgame content at the moment) and yet, Soldier has no RR except for flat RR on Break Morale. A skill that doesnā€™t even have 100% uptime unless Warborn.

So a mastery can be good without copious amounts of RR.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of people banned over the years from the GD Discord and always wondered why they think it happened.

The real question is why I was kicked/banned from your other Discord server before the decision to ban you fell in the main one.

The only time I needed mental alacrity is in AAR build,which is exactly Arcanist skill.So I need special skill
to harness Arcanist spell :smile:

Comparing it against Soldier.Soldiers deals primarily physical damage,which is rarely resisted and IT bypass armor.Also Soldier have flat RR.And shield support.So Arcanist need every bit of firepower.

you were kicked after, not before.

Fair (ish?) enough. Gave me a good laugh, gotta say.

Where is @powbam? this smells like soon to be dead thread

1 Like

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ
/10char

It was dead a long time ago mate, Itā€™s been mostly memes and banter which is what Iā€™m here for.

A good build maker does not a good designer make.

1. You can consider all my threads asking for changes to be criticisms of Zā€™s balance. In doing so Iā€™m actually more critical than you.
  2. Youā€™re a fool if you think criticism has to be in the form of snark, sass, or general jerk stuff. And regardless I keep my sass to Z private.
  3. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.
  4. The subjective side of game design forever eludes you

Thereā€™s nothing respectable about the way you conduct yourself. I donā€™t want your kind of validation of what qualifies as critical.

3 Likes

1 Like

that was easy
Serious reply: I, along with reakd already put our effort in with out thesis post. Instead of any critical reception people complained about length and zantai came out later saying he ignored it completely. Why would I bother being serious now?

In neither thread did Zantai outright claim to have ignored your feedback, unless that happened in some other thread. In ā€œState of Balance P2ā€ he recommended being concise, but that was the extent of it.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if your feedback was ignored, tbh, because it frankly didnā€™t exist. You rattled off a bunch of ā€œthis is good this is badā€ without referencing or showing relevant builds to support those claims or offering any solution proposals.

Oh no,thatā€™s the official end of the topic!

Playing something cataclysmic :musical_keyboard:

It wasnā€™t in our thread, he said it to a reply about one of the (many) arguments about greens.