(Archon) Ragthar, the savage 2H Phys/Bleeder

Hello fellow Grims!

Im here to present you Ragthar, a savage 2H-Archon.

(with permanent buffs)

(with Tenacity and Bloodrage up)

It’s actually the first (rather successful) endgame character i came up with, since i mostly try stuff out and see if it works out the way im thinking/hoping it would :smiley: which well, 80% of the times doesnt.
But that’s what i enjoy the most about this game - try to make stuff work like i imagine it could.

Concept/Idea

I actually fell in love with the idea of the Avenger-Set and desperatly wanted to play with the whole set.
Soon i had to realize that it might be better suited for a even more defensive Warder then for an Archon like i wanted to play.

Since it was set that id want to play Physical with some DoTs, i switched for Bloodrage, and was left with Weapon and Girdle from Avenger.
Lucky enough these are the 2 pieces which come with really nice bonuses.

This build does seem to be quite well-rounded, at least in my humble opinion.
It has a lot of direct and some decent DoT-dmg, which seems crucial for “higher” shards.
It does come with quite a lot of Adcth, even without dedicated devotions like Ghoul or Bat.

Gear

The core of the build is based on 2 pieces from the Avenger and the full Bloodrager-Set. The rest of the gear is exchangeable/flexible and the build will work with other pieces, but i did experiment a lot and those items did work best for me (considering legendaries only).

You can switch out the Relic for Deathstalker to get extra Bleed/Phys-RR. The damage from Massacre-Procs felt a lot more consistent tho. On heavy armoured Single-Targets the Deathstalker would be better in my opinion.

If you want to go more defensive, you could change the Ring Goliath Signet with the Menhiran.

You would get around +200Armor and more Resistances to overcap or use even more defensive Augments for DA/HP.

Like i mentioned before, if you have some sick crafted Boots or MI Legs available, you could easily exchange those 2 pieces as well.

Playstyle

Mostly straight forward melee combat. You can facetank quite a lot when youre able to leech back.
Thanks to the 2 movement-abilities its possible to switch targets rather quickly or to disengage from dangerous situations and recover/wait for CDs to come up.
If you could manage to cap your CrowdControl-Resistances thru crafting some insane Legs or Boots, it would make the Sustain a lot more reliable.
But once you get the hang of when to stay closeup and when to recover, its pretty doable with that kind of gear.

Capabilities/Restrictions

ShatteredRealm

I play with a personal goal to reach Shard 75/76 and reliably beeing able to farm them. Once i got a bit more used to SR mechanics and escecially Bossrooms it was rather easy to reach that goal.
Some combinations can be quite devastating tho, but i guess thats a thing for most builds and the average player, like id call myself.

However i struggled a hell lot once i reached shard 80. The damage scaling, especially the physical damge, seems a bit to much for a melee-build like that.
I dont know about going for different Devotions like Ghoul/Bat tho, since i wasnt eager enough to give it a try.
If you guys come up with improvements in this manner, id be happy to hear/see the results.

Crucible 150-170

Was fairly easy. Did only play it with 3 buffs and 1 banner tho, since im a horrible pilot sometimes :smiley:
Definitly able to reliably clear it.

Celestials

Lokarr is a cakewalk, MadQueen takes like 15secs and with Ascension up youre able to just tank her. All the others i didnt try yet.

Links

GrimTools

SR 76

MadQueen

Credits

Thanks and shoutout to RektByProtoss who did assist me quite a lot about devotions with that build. Check out his Twitch, he is a really friendly, competent and helpful person :wink:

Attachment: Ragthar.jpg
Attachment: Ragthar 2.jpg
Attachment: Ragthar 3.jpg

Interesting build, good job. Is there any reason not to use Crimson Claws gloves? Also, why not invest a bit in Smite to take it to 25% since it’s buffed by gear?

Definitely more Physical than Bleeding, but quite nice. :slight_smile:

For Gloves, I think it´s a matter of taste; Sandreaver, Crimson Claws or even Overlord´s for more Physical Resistance…all will fit.

thanks.

well, i did try them but i somehow prefered the sandreavers.
they give +3 to virtue, which i wanted to softcap for sure. and since savagery is capped w/o crimsons, id lose 1 point there.
i wasnt sure how much i wanted to value the +feral hunger and procc.
and without sick greens i kinda struggled with resists, one more reason for sands.
it may sound silly, but i somehow even valued the castspeed. since i find myself kiting a lot on higher shards and the quicker Swarm casting was quite some QoL.
but if you can manage the resist with crimsons, they might be superior in regards to adcth and sustain, true.

was actually thinking to bnring smite up for max-chance as well. but i didnt know where to cut the points.
where would you cut them? :wink:

I would honestly focuse either on Bleeding or on Physical. Build will be stronger either way. Physical and Bleeding skills/constellations/playstyle are too far apart to try and support both, imo. You are trying to support both and end up with half-assed Bleeding part and not fully optimized Physical part.