Armor absorbs trauma dmg

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked, but is it technically possible to make armor work for trauma dmg as well? After a massive reduction in physical resistance, I started to overclock armor in many builds, it shows itself quite well, but it does not work and does not protect against trauma dmg and it has become one of the problems for the survivability of builds, especially from bosses that impose them in large quantities.

3 Likes

With this change,
how much would this hurt player builds that do moderate Internal Trauma damage from multiple smaller sources against tougher bosses with higher armour?

Such a change I assume would work both ways.
TBH without internal trauma, it would be a step to not needing physical resist mechanic but that is for a future game I would assume.

2 Likes

I have a rather better idea —— how about Armor absorbs all kinds of damage. :rofl:

Just kidding. I don’t mean to offend you. It’s just that Z is sooooooo stupid and stubborn and impetuous tonight that I really want to make some jokes and laugh at him. :rofl:

bold strategy

7 Likes

It does feel weird for armor to absorb internal trauma damage. It’s internal. How can armor be a factor?

This is not the Last Epoch, there is no need for this

Idk but I feel that reducing IT damage that monsters deal is the easiest way to deal with it?

2 Likes

i’m genuine curious about 2 things
what is the perception in terms of “troublesome enemies” that deal trauma dmg and how many there is?
where is the trauma being an issue, Crucible, MC, SR 75, or SR 90?

because it just sounds like a needless nerf to me, for something that is not really a huge issue atm in regular play(imo), and will then on top affect player builds too, which makes me question where this comes from

*tho i’m still curious who is the trauma issue carriers atm with current set of patch nerfs already

To be honest is the only type of damage that killed me on ultimate while farming for final gear. Maybe call it an issue is not correct, but when I die, trauma stacks are always there lol.

Phys res is also the only one not easy to understand. I realize the need for it just at the end of the leveling process, while during normal to elite playthrough is totally invisible. Seems also strange to have char that can overcap easily all resistances except that one. It’s a bit counter intuitive to see it so low compared to the others.

Unfortunately I have no idea about a possible change, my knowledge of the game is too superficial, so it’s more of a feeling than a feedback.

Maybe making it less fundamental could help, if this is what devs are trying to do in the PTR. Feedback actually are a bit confusing, can’t say if they are on the right path.

enemies usually don’t trauma stack you, since they have very limited potential for it
often it’s player reflected trauma dmg that results in really high trauma amounts/durations, in which case a physical dmg/trauma build can stack Reflect Reduct resistance

1 Like

Understood. This create an extra layer of protection but still it’s the most dangerous reflected damage for the same reasons, no?

Btw, it’s off-topic but how this mechanic works with damage conversion?

yes, reflected trauma is usually the most dangerous, simply because phys res was/is usually harder to come by, thus reflect resist could become important for specially phys/trauma builds

unsure what you mean? reflect is reflect, it’s your own dmg, so would already be converted

1 Like

I think it’s better to understand it as your armour lessening the internal trauma by absorbing some of the physical blow (at the time that you were hit), not that your armour is making the internal trauma you’re actively feeling hurt less.

But hey, it’s also video game logic. Why do the eldritch bosses that guard the Hidden Path drop human pants?

1 Like

they don’t, you’re making pants out of their hides
same for kuba etc
ever noticed gargoyle helm is just straight up their head? - you’re wearing enemy parts :grin:

1 Like

There’s no need for this imo when “reduction to internal trauma duration” exists (just not on actual gear yet afaik).

1 Like