Well I don’t see how they could stop you.
If Medierra likes Enshrouded and his kids like Minecraft, maybe the whole family would enjoy Vintage Story.
It’s interesting to hear that they’ve pretty much decided to start working on GD2 after Fangs of Asterkarn. Though, Medierra’s estimate (that it could release 6 years from now) seems extremely improbable to me. I’m still holding on my prediction of GD2 in 2035. But we will see.
They also seem to have given a lot of thought to some of the issues in GD; I’m talking about unwieldy item tooltips, that result from the need to have items supporting multiple masteries (at least that’s how I understood that claim). Medierra mentions they have come up with a more elegant system of items supporting different masteries. Man, I can’t wait for Grim Misadventures for GD2!
We need to start a thread where we’ll give them 3 million tips on how to make a good ARPG! ![]()
The interview/discussion was absolutely amazing.
Interesting to hear both Arthur’ and Chris’ views and how they go about their respective visions. Would be great to hear from other Crate staff.
I’m a long term lurker on the forum and never post but absolutely had to comment on this. Keep up the excellent work.
You could start a topic named “GD2 in 2035 waiting room.” ![]()
Maybe we’ll live to see it

Too true. I never cared to run around with others and rush through quests instead of listening to the dialogue. Not to mention when someone is better leveled than you and you can barely even kill a monster before they already kill it before you can get a hit in…
Come to think of it, I think I never enabled it either. I always disliked it in Diablo III where monsters would comically blow up into small chunks that roll around then slowly disappear because the engine cannot handle that many moving parts, LOL…
TQ’s ragdoll effect was more fun, and GD has that too. I still often stop and take screencaps of enemies that landed in hilarious positions on top of something, or half embedded into walls.
I have a completely different opinion on this subject. Ragdoll physics are also present in D3, and there are also many end effects for mob death animations. Acid melts muscles down to the bone, frozen enemies shatter into frozen pieces (all depending on the type of damage). Diablo 3 is still a role model when it comes to combat feel, and many other ARPGs have not even come close to the level offered by D3, even though the game was released in 2012. Whether someone likes it or not is a purely subjective opinion, because I, for example, like it very much.
Yes, gotta give credit to D3 devs where its due. I always thought they should make modern Golden Axe game.
My computer cannot handle the amount of legend that is on the screen!
Great interview. I rarely follow gaming news. Was planning to listen for 5 minutes and ended up staying for the whole thing. Arthur is well spoken and knows his product category. I learned a lot.
I agree with his thoughts on microtransactions oversaturating the market at a certain point and looking like a cash grab. One of the reasons why I enjoy Grim Dawn so much is that I don’t feel this is the case. I bought 2 of the 3 cosmetics packs and will buy the last one (pack 2) now to show my support. One cosmetic pack per year seems like a reasonable cadence to me, but if you had 20+ packs out, I wouldn’t buy any of them out of protest. Strange how my brain works sometimes.
Keep up the great work
The problem with D3 for me is that everything happens so fast at higher levels of play. I agree with you that those are well designed effects, but all I see is the explosion of colors on screen.
Right … those cosmetics packs we practically begged for, again and again, so we could
support Crate. ![]()
I happily bought them, and they are actually pretty fun too. ![]()
Yes, the skill effects are too “spectacular.” Everything glows in rainbow colors, but that’s another issue… Unfortunately, Last Epoch went down a similar path. I call it neon ARPG
.
Well, I don’t know about you, but playing as cold Trickster with Ultos and Amatok devotions, having Nemesis relic equipped leaves my screen filled with blue stuff. I legit can’t see shit. Then the dogs spills some purple puddles.
God forbid I fight monsters which also cast some cold or purple (Hello there Scions of Hunger) effects. Can’t distinguish.
Try turning off Post Processing if you haven’t already