Ascended Arcane Tempest and more chain lightning skills

Basically, I think we should get an ascended version of The Arcane Tempest and also think it’d be cool to get more item sets that grant acid/physical variants of the chain lightning skill.

Ascended The Arcane Tempest Set

The Arcane Tempest set has one of the most best looking skills - Aether Chain Lightning. Imo, for that reason alone it deserves an ascended variant.

Here’s what I propose -

Granted Skill

Aether Lightning (Granted by Item)
Unleash lightning infused with pure aether that cascades through your foes.

40 Energy Cost
Affects up to 7 targets
70% Weapon Damage
200-450 Lightning Damage
450 Aether Damage
+60% Crit Damage

Set Bonuses

(2)

+3 to Wind Devil
+3 to Devastation
+3 to Mortrar Trap
+3 Rune of Hagarrad

(3) Set

+4% Offensive Ability
+4% Defensive Ability

Wind Devil

  • 100% Physical Damage converted to Aether Damage
  • 100% Cold Damage converted to Aether Damage
    • 12% Aether Resistance

Devastation

  • +150 Lightning Damage
  • +1 projectile(s)

Mortrar Trap

  • 100% Fire Damage converted to Lightning Damage
  • 100% Physical Damage converted to Aether Damage

Rune of Hagarrad

  • 100% Cold Damage converted to Lightning Damage
  • 100% Piercing Damage converted to Aether Damage
Ascended Aetherstorm Amulet

+120/+150% Lightning Damage
+120/+150% Aether Damage
+120/+150% Electrocute Damage
+180/+320 Health
+180/+320 Energy
+56/+74 Offensive Ability
25/31% Poison & Acid Resistance
34/46% Elemental Resistance
+2 to Wind Devil
+2 to Devastation
+2 to Mortrar Trap
+2 to Rune of Hagarrad

Ascended Aetherstorm Seal

+120/+150% Lightning Damage
+120/+150% Aether Damage
+120/+150% Electrocute Damage
+55/+70 Spirit
+66/+88 Defensive Ability
25/31% Vitality Resistance
30/38% Chaos Resistance
+3 to Raging Tempest
+2 to Devastation
+3 to Heavy Ordnance
+3 to Biting Cold

Ascended Aetherstorm Sigil

+120/+150% Lightning Damage
+120/+150% Aether Damage
+120/+150% Electrocute Damage
+54/+70 Spirit
+94/+126 Offensive Ability
30/48% Aether Resistance
25/31% Bleeding Resistance
+3 to Maelstorm
+2 to Devastation
+3 to The Big One
+3 to Chillsurge

Menhir's Tempest Set

“Physical lightning” looks just as cool as Aether Lightning. I think it’d make a good addition and would be a nice alternative to the “Physical caster” niche.

Here’s what I propose -

Granted Skill

Menhir’s Wrath (Granted by Item)
Compress and charge the air around you in a display of pure physical might to unleash a shockwave that cascades through your foes.

35 Energy Cost
Affects up to 7 targets
65% Weapon Damage
250-500 Physical Damage
1150-1300 Internal Trauma Damage over 3 seconds
+55% Crit Damage

Set Bonuses

(2)

+3 to Ravenous Earth
+3 to Doom Bolt
+3 to Forcewave

(3) Set

+4% Offensive Ability
+4% Defensive Ability

Ravenous Earth

  • +1 Fragment
  • 100% Vitality Damage converted to Physical Damage
  • 100% Acid Damage converted to Physical Damage

Doom Bolt

  • 100% Vitality Damage converted to Physical Damage
  • 100% Chaos Damage converted to Physical Damage
  • Total Damage Modified by -18%

Forcewave

  • 20% Weapon Damage
  • 35% Crit Damage
Amulet of Menhir

+120/+150% Physical Damage
+120/+150% Internal Trauma Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+420/+640 Energy
+56/+74 Offensive Ability
25/31% Poison & Acid Resistance
34/46% Elemental Resistance
+2 to Ravenous Earth
+2 to Doom Bolt
+2 to Forcewave

Ravenous Earth

  • 100% Aether Damage converted to Physical Damage
Seal of Menhir

+120/+150% Physical Damage
+120/+150% Internal Trauma Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+55/+70 Spirit
+66/+88 Defensive Ability
25/31% Vitality Resistance
30/38% Chaos Resistance
+3 to Decay
+2 to Doom Bolt
+3 to Rending Force

Sigil of Menhir

+120/+150% Physical Damage
+120/+150% Internal Trauma Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+54/+70 Spirit
+94/+126 Offensive Ability
30/48% Aether Resistance
25/31% Bleeding Resistance
+3 to Foul Eruption
+2 to Doom Bolt
+3 to Internal Trauma

Ravenous Storm Set

Just a suggestion to improve the variety of poison casters. Specifically, I wanted something that didn’t focus on Occultist.

Here’s what I propose -

Granted Skill

Poison Tempest (Granted by Item)
Shoots bolts of poison that cascade through your foes.

35 Energy Cost
Affects up to 7 targets
65% Weapon Damage
250-500 Acid Damage
1150-1300 Poison Damage over 3 seconds
+55% Crit Damage

Set Bonuses

(2)

+3 to Grenado
+3 to Reap Spirit
+3 to Ravenous Earth

(3) Set

+4% Offensive Ability
+4% Defensive Ability

Grenado

  • 100% Physical Damage converted to Acid Damage
  • 100% Fire Damage converted to Acid Damage

Thermite Mine

  • -10% Poison & Acid Resistance

Reap Spirit

  • 100% Cold Damage converted to Acid Damage
  • 100% Vitality Damage converted to Acid Damage
  • The Wraiths scale with Player Bonuses.

Ravenous Earth

  • 1300 Poison Damage over 3 seconds
  • 100% Vitality Damage converted to Acid Damage
Amulet of the Ravenous

+120/+150% Acid Damage
+120/+150% Poison Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+420/+640 Energy
+56/+74 Offensive Ability
25/31% Poison & Acid Resistance
34/46% Elemental Resistance
+2 to Grenado
+2 to Reap Spirit
+2 to Ravenous Earth

Reap Spirit

  • 100% Aether Damage converted to Acid Damage

Ravenous Earth

  • 100% Aether Damage converted to Acid Damage
Seal of Decay

+120/+150% Acid Damage
+120/+150% Poison Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+55/+70 Spirit
+66/+88 Defensive Ability
25/31% Vitality Resistance
30/38% Chaos Resistance
+3 to High Impact
+3 to Reap Spirit
+3 to Decay

Foul Sigil

+120/+150% Acid Damage
+120/+150% Poison Damage with +30% Increased Duration
+54/+70 Spirit
+94/+126 Offensive Ability
30/48% Aether Resistance
25/31% Bleeding Resistance
+3 to Shattering Blast
+3 to Reap Spirit
+3 to Foul Eruption

3 Likes

Gross…

Messes with my pure Aether Druid, which I specifically made because of pure Aether Devastation (While things like Diviner make it Vit/Aether) to go along with Outcast’s Secret for its pure Aether Devastation proc.

As for skill support:

Wind Devil I’d love to see a smidge of Aether RR (That can be coupled with Ramzul’s Misty Orb as Druid’s only source of Aether RR…)

Devastation having an extra projectile is kind of necessary to make the skill decent (Subject to change if the base skill gets buffed)

For other abilities to support? I’m kind of whatever. Mortar Trap and Rune of Hagarrad are as good as any.

I mean the set has a theme of Aether Lighting, that’s why I suggested it.

My setup from AoM days ran with Anasteria’s helm. But I wasn’t sure if flat Fire to Lightning conversion on the items counts as OP. Which is why I didn’t suggest it.

Also, if I need to give up the Devastation proc to get a proper ascendant aether lightning skill, I’m willing to do that.

Good suggestions. Let me add that to the post.

Not the only source… Also an offhand.

I was more referring to Wind Devil’s as a skill.

All of Druid’s Aether RR comes from item modifiers to Wind Devil.

As such, more sources to stack together = Happier Aether Druid.

Aye, but for smaller sets, I tend to err towards neutrality with conversions. As it keeps options open.

Arcane Tempest can currently be used in Aether + Lightning, pure Lightning and pure Aether builds.

Since you have a lot of open slots outside of it to build into a particular direction. It’s also not as if global Fire to Lightning is rare.

2 Likes

You’re right. I’ve updated the OP and have removed the skill mod for Devastation damage conversion.

I missed your comment somehow. I actually am surprised to see that the situation with Aether RR seems to have improved a lot since I last played the game.

I had half a mind to suggest %Damage to Aetherials as a bonus in my original post.

There’s also

Which provides Aether RR to WD, but of course is exclusive with Aetherstorm Amulet.

Also a couple of other items like:

Which is more for specifically Aether Grasping Vines (Which is… Not so great)

Also another weapon:

Which fits more for an Aether + Lightning build (Compared to Ramzul’s which is pure Aether and has Lightning to Aether conversion as a result).

But yeah, Shaman has gotten a few items to help with Aether RR with FoA.

1 Like