Attack Damage to Health on item - does Forcewave proc it?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I have a few items (ring, amulet, sword, etc…) that have Attack Dmg To Health on it, including the Haunted Steel component that I added to my weapon. My question is, does this life-steal only apply if I attack directly with my weapon, or will it still apply if I attack via Forcewave which uses my weapon dmg? Any help and links to said mechanics would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Anthony

1 Like

You should read the guide linked above, but the short answer to your question is yes, if your attack does weapon damage then it benefits from life steal.

If it’s only partial weapon damage then you only get the corresponding fraction of life steal, e.g. an attack with a 10% weapon damage component will only steal based on 10% of your total ADCtH rating. (No, attacks with >100% weapon damage don’t scale past 100% lifesteal.)

Simple answer: Attack Damage Converted to Heatlh (adcth) is only affects your basic attacks, Weapon pool skills such as Reaping strike (WPS) and Default attack replacements such as Righteous Fervor(DAR). Any ADCTH that is added to a non-basic attack will only affect that skill.

Sadly Forcewave does not have any items that adds any ADCTH effects

this is incorrect
lifesteal/attack damage converted to health(ADCtH) does not only affect your basic attacks, as was already said above by Guurzak (global) lifesteal affects all attacks/skills and spells as long as there is weapon dmg in it (listed as %weapon dmg in the skill)
Forcewave clearly has weapon dmg listed, so it benefits from global/passive lifesteal(ADCtH)

1 Like

MB. Assumed that only ADCTH would affect Basic attacks while life steal of explicit stated skills was the only way they received any, regardless if they had Weapon Damage or not.

skills without weapon dmg require explicit stated or “baked in” lifesteal, that’s correct, example AAR
but it’s very important to keep in mind the key part for regular lifesteal, is merely weapon dmg, so any non basic attack skill “with weapon dmg” will benefit from/can scale lifesteal
^this also means you don’t technically only need a direct lifesteal modifier; you can use a weapon dmg modifier,
again example could be AAR with conduit adding 18% weapon dmg, so now AAR suddenly scales 18% of your global lifesteal

Alright, which pretty much means attacks such Eye of Reckoning and Flames of Ingaffar benefit from lifesteal, at least the portion of the damage that has Weapon damage and skills that are modified to use weapon damage will also benefit from it. Correct?

yep
and will be scaled down in effect if the %weapon dmg is below 100%, but wont scale higher if above 100%wd

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks for the heads up.