Attribute Calculations

Does anyone know what the attribute equations are? Or where to find them? Specifically, I’m looking for the equations that work out the individual parts of each attribute, for example hovering over Physique shows Physique (a) + (b), Bonus Health (c) and Bonus Health Regen (d). The ones I’m looking for are:

In the first tab of the Character panel:

• Physique (a) + (b), Bonus Health (c) and Bonus Health Regen (d)

• Cunning (e) + (f) and Bonus Health (g)

• Spirit (h) + (i), Bonus Health (j), Bonus Energy (k) and Bonus Energy Regen (l%) + (m)

• Health (n) + (o)

• Energy (p) + (q)

And in the second:

• Health Regen (r) + (s)

• Mana Regen (t) + (u)

I used the modding tools find the OA & DA equations but I’m a complete noob at that sort of thing so I can’t find any of the others. (As an aside, the AssetEditor throws errors when trying to unpack .arc files so I’m not even sure if the equations I’m looking for are available!)

I’ve also tried to reverse-engineer some of the equations and, although they get close, there’s always something that messes my guesses up - in particular, I can’t suss out for the life of me how percentage bonuses work!

I haven’t found anything in the Guides & Tutorials, Utilities & Resources or Modding categories as they all seem to focus on changing attributes / stash etc. rather than showing the mechanics so I’d be very grateful for some help!

Does this help?

is it this stuff?

I haven’t found anything in there with the detail that I’m looking for - it has the basic stuff such Phys / Cunning etc. per point / char level but not the deeper info.

Unfortunately not - I found both of those however the first looks to set the level 1 tribs and the second sets the amounts that your tribs increase by per level / point. Neither of them go into details ((a) - (u)) and don’t take any flat or percentage bonuses from equipment, skills and devotions into account.

but that’s just straight up “as is” isn’t it?
15 flat oa on an item, or devo does exactly that, adds 15 flat
2% on an item or devo then is a final on top of all your base flat, should be relatively straight forward no, for OA/DA atleast?

1 Like

guessing this isn’t what you’re looking for in terms of regen then either? :thinking:

oa da maybe?

The ones I have (or think I’ve worked out) are:

(a) : 50 + (PhysPoints * 8) - from the Grim Dawn wiki and the database

(b) : I thought I had TotalPhys as ( (a) + TotalFlatPhysBonus ) * ( 1 + Total%gePhysBonus ), which would make this ( TotalPhys - (a) ). The problem here is that with Total%gePhysBonus = 7%, my formula is out by 1 and, having played around with the equation and implemented rounding (up, down and nearest), I can’t make it match the game.

(c) : ( ( 20 * PhysPoints ) + ( ( 2.5 * (b) ) - reverse engineered. Strangely, despite (b) being “wrong”, this does seem to work with Total%PhysBonus!

(d) : ( ( 0.32 * PhysPoints ) + ) 0.04 * (b) ) - reverse engineered. Also seems to work with Total%PhysBonus.

(e) : ( 50 + ( CunningPoints * 8 ) ) - from the Grim Dawn wiki and the database

(f) : Based on (b), my current guess for TotalCunning is ( (e) + TotalFlatCunningBonus ) * Total%geCunningBonus, which would make this ( TotalCunning - (e) ), but I haven’t tried adding any %Cunning bonuses yet, so it may well also be inaccurate.

(g) : Based on (c), ( ( 8 * CunningPoints ) + (f) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Cunning bonuses to test with at the moment.

(h) : ( 50 + (8 * SpiritPoints) ) - from the Grim Dawn wiki and the database

(i) : As (b) & (f) but with Spirit - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit bonuses.

(j) : ( ( 8 * SpiritPoints ) + (i) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit bonuses.

(k) : Based on (c) and (g), ( ( 16 * SpiritPoints ) + (i) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit bonuses.

(l) : ( 13 + ( 2.1 * ( SpiritPoints + ( (i) / 8 ) ) ) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit bonuses.

(m) : ( ( 0.01 * SpiritPoints ) + ( 0.01 * (i) ) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit bonuses.

(n) : ( 250 + ( 20 * PhysPoints ) + ( 8 * ( CunningPoints + SpiritPoints ) ) ) - reverse engineered and works. As far as I can tell this aspect of health doesn’t use %ge trib bonuses so I’m fairly confident about this one. “Fairly” being that I don’t have %Health bonuses - see (o)!

(o) : Similarly to (b), I thought I had TotalHealth as ( ( (n) + ( 2.5 * (c) ) + (g) + (j) + TotalFlatHealthBonus ) * ( 1 + Total%geHealthBonus ) ) but, again, the %Phys is involved so this is also out by 1. Although I don’t have any %Health bonuses yet, I suspect that they’d be included in this calculation rather than in (n).

(p) : ( 250 + ( 16 * SpiritPoints ) ) - as with (n), I have no %Spirit or %Energy at the moment but, again, I’m fairly confident.

(q) : My brain started dying of death by this point and I gave up - if I couldn’t suss Phys & Health then the chances of sorting this one out were approximately 0!!

(r) : Same as (d).

(s) : Same as (q)!

(t) : ( 6.5 + ( 0.08 * SpiritPoints ) + ( 0.01 * (i) ) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit or %EnergyRegen.

(u) : ( TotalFlatEnergyRegen * ( 1 + TotalBonusEnergyRegen ) ) - reverse engineered and works but no %Spirit or %EnergyRegen.

If anyone’s interested, the equation for OA is (you’re going to love this!!):
( ( 64 + TotalFlatOABonus + ( 12 * PlayerLevel ) + ( ( TotalCunning + 1 ) / 2 ) ) * ( 1 + Total%OABonus) ) + 53

… and DA is the same with DA bonuses and Phys replacing OA bonuses and Cunning!

I wish it were that easy - see my post above!! :laughing:

I found those and tried them but 1) those are way out, 2) the lifeRegen variable is one of the things I’m trying to find, and 3) I have no idea what the ElapsedTime variable is or how to find it.

I found these and listed them above for the sake of completion - many thanks! For those equations, btw:

• offensiveAbilityDV = 64 + TotalFlatOABonus
  • dexterityDV = TotalCunning + 1
  • defensiveAbilityDV = 64 + TotalFlatDABonus, and
  • strengthDV = TotalPhys + 1

i mean, it def works for flats atleast, and cunning :smile:
on a character with 0 bonuses, if i plop in a 18oa devo, i get 18 oa, if i slap on a ring with 20oa, i get 20
if i then slap them all on together, i get the listed amount
%bonuses i have always assumed acted wonky because of now knowing whatever “base” amount char has by default that’s not counted in, or the jank decimal roundings it might do, or atleast can do elsewhere

1 Like

Yes, it does indeed work for flats - sorry if I wasn’t clear earlier but I haven’t had any problems with flats, just the application of the %ges!

I’m fairly sure I read somewhere that, for some calculations, %ge trib bonuses from equipment / skills / devs only affect flats from eq/sk/dev, (e.g. (b), (f), (i) etc.) whereas others affect the total trib value (e.g. (a)+(b), (e)+(f) etc.). As a result my reverse engineering has tried to take this into account but I just can’t seem to make them fit, so either the equations are just plain wrong or there are some hidden, niggling rounding issues somewhere that mess things up!

1 Like