Auras do not show up for pets if its just Skeletons

This was something I suspected when I created the character, but before I could report it, the 1.2 update with automatically enabled auras came and I couldn’t toggle the aura to test it. Now with the Physical Resistance changes, I can confirm this for sure.

The only established aura that has a Phys Res modifier is Flame Touched, but I don’t see why this would be an outlier when Blood of Dreeg is also an aura, but its effects show up on the pet sheet just fine.

The helmet has a 4% Phys Res modifier to Flame Touched, and the Shield has a 6% Phys Res modifier to Flame Touched, so there’s a total of 10% Phys Res. The pet sheet only shows 9% Phys Res, so regardless of other sources, it’s clear that Flame Touched is not providing the Phys Res bonus to pets.

Aura resistances have never been shown and never will, because it not pet bonus.
Only stats marked as Pet bonus will cumulate at 2nd tab.

Blood of Dreeg and Word of Renewal show up on the pet sheet just fine, even though they are listed as auras and don’t specifically state pet bonuses. It does not show in Grimtools, but shows up fine in-game.

My question is why does Flame Touched not apply the same? The range is reduced, but it is an aura all the same.

Oh, seriously?

You need to have a pet summoned for the benefits to show up on the pet sheet, but yes, the benefits do show up.

Before Word of Renewal:

After Word of Renewal:

Hmmm, apparently it’s a Skeletons thing, they seem to not trigger the aura buffs the same way pets with toggleable portraits do.

Build with just Skeletons and no Blood of Dreeg:

Build with Skeletons and Blood of Dreeg:

Now Summon a Raven and you get this:

So yeah, apparently whatever pet summons cause the buff to trigger with pets doesn’t apply with Skeletons, and I’m assuming it’s the same if you have something like the timered Blights Fiends against the permanent Blight Fiends.

One more set of tests:

With Flame Touched modifier Aura (Blood of Dreeg not activated)

Without Flame Touched modifier Aura

Okay, so the Flame Touched physical resistance aura is working, but I would have never known because Skeletons don’t seem to count towards having the buffs display. Very interesting.

stop making me learn obscure stuff about the game, it is centuries old. god, who designed this, some evil guy with a twirly moustache?

I do think Zantai did have a moustache iirc from stream/pics :thinking:

(and tho he’s GD designer i don’t think he did the engine/interaction causing this :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

No mortal could have designed some of the mechanisms of the TQ engine. Only a malevolent deity that double spawns vendors in roguelike dungeons could have a mind so twisted and evil.

5 Likes