Avenger Set feedback

If Zantai would attempt to shave like another 20-30s off the set and improve its resists I think it’d be more or less done. I think the Archon side is weaker but could be wrong.

Imo, archon hits harder, but warder is more resilient and sturdy.

FUCK (10 chars)

1 Like

There is Resistant mutator on BOTH 150-160 and 160-170. And this waaaaaay before consecutive Crucible buffs in 1.1.4.0. This is like 1.1.2.5 or something, right? A bit of an irrelevant example, isn’t it.

And I forgot Might of the bear on my build, lol. Gonna retry it now. Do try Avenger in current patch tho.

Ok, with Might of the Bear this time:

Would could’ve been 7:20 run (died at 170)

7:45 run with Armored mutator

So yeah, faster than Avenger luckiest run in the much easier Crucible. So my point stands, Avenger currently sucks.

I didn’t say it doesn’t need buffs.

But from 10 minutes to 7:20 it is a bit of a stretch.
10 minutes is almost poor spellscourge territory :smiley:

That 7:20 is pretty much an irrelevant number nowadays. You had double “Resistant” mutators (so super lucky run already) in a much easier Crucible. Now it would probably be at least 1 minute slower, or maybe 1,5 minute slower. Which is also that much slower than Bloodrager/Gutsmasher version.

Tested this this set quite a lot. I know what feels wrong with it and have given feedback on it more times than i can remember.

10 minutes just seems like a number just thrown around to me that’s all(again, try spellscourge, that set is diseased now). And I did say somewhere, yesterday, on discord, not here, that Crucible is different now so it would need buffs just to maintain previous performances

I took that number from couple of runs someone did in our Discord, I haven’t personally tested it. Might be 9 minutes, but still. I don’t think a dedicated set should be that slow, especially when Bloodrager/Gutsmasher is so much faster.

no ofc not. Build should smash!

Looking at the video, it’s certainly the AS that helps rager mow down. IF avenger had that AS and with more reach on WPS it would already be amazing.

On a side note, i have no idea why as of latest patch gutmasher competes with avenger club cause of conversion. My only logical explanation is that it helps people who don’t yet have the full avenger set that is harder to get. Still strange

just did a random run with Avenger. Got mostly neutral mutators, meaning no daamge increasing or decreasing ones, save for the one that decreases your AS, which sucks on this build and was 8 minutes. Good mutators probably 7:40, so yeah…pretty bleh

Yeah, I have also managed to amass pretty decent crit damage and OA on that build, not sure if it’s possible with Avenger set or not. But attack speed is a king on two-handers.

That’s pretty good actually, I hope Z. doesn’t decide against Avenger buffs when he sees that ))

I suddenly came up with it, but if I gave Brute Force the same amount AS as Storm Touched, would it be too strong? (or a little lower. Maybe about 13% on 22/12?)
If that happens, the AS shortage of 2h Build including Shamans, has been resolved, and I thought Shaman was justified as a 2h expert.