[Avenger Warden] Critique my first end game build, please

Hi community!

Here’s my take on Nature’s Avenger with my first lvl 100 char. Please critique it :slight_smile:

I originally made this build roughly as you see it during AoM, when I transferred from Diablo 3, having played and optimized pretty much every build from there. I spent 300 hours or so playing self-found and then did a bit of trading to complete a piece or two.

I dropped out for a few months due to IRL, but now I’m back and I’m having a grand time. However, the character is now no longer as strong as it was before Forgotten Gods. This char was meant to be a versatile farmer with an aggressive, in-your-face playstyle. I’m not a fan of having to play around defensive cooldowns, and so in the end my research resulted in a phys+IT+bleed dmg Warder.

Since AoM, quite a lot has changed, especially with respect to devotions, and so I’d like any suggestions or thoughts that can help me improve this char.

GRIMTOOLS BUILD CALC: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOD7eo2

Blade Arc functions as a nuke, debuff and heal in one. Otherwise it’s charge or jump + blow up stuff, then right click on anything that’s left. Rinse & repeat.

I sometimes run a version that doesn’t rely on Open Hand + Closed Fist’s OA & DA buffs, as I find the pair of rings to be an annoyance in boss fights with no adds.

Also, I notice that not having high stun res and freeze reduction is causing problems as this char likes to keep hitting stuff to stay healthy. That’s probably a matter of switching devotions around and/or crafting for stun res (which I haven’t done yet), but I’d like some input on that as well.

Edit: I should add that there’s an optimal version of the amulet for more Upheaval dmg, but I just haven’t hit it yet in spite of having crafted 50+ of them.

Any and all suggestions & questions are very appreciated! :smile:

Use Bloodrager chest, shoulders and amulet.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! That was the initial idea, but I strayed away from bleed dmg thinking I might have a hard time killing undead. Maybe the downside is worth it?

I don’t know how it plays at all, as I’ve never tried.

Thing is, Bloodrager is also a good set for physical damage (especially for 2H) because Bloodrager offers plenty of attack speed. Full avenger on the other hand is rather meh at the moment.

1 Like

Avenger warder is in a very bad state now, so Bloodrager is the perfect choice, unfortunately …
Also, as for build, I’d recomment also to change rings (for Black Matriarch and Bladetwister), boots for Myth. Final March and medal for Direwolf (it will be a savagery spec, tho)

1 Like

Thanks! Hadn’t considered boots before - will deffo check that out and update later.

Yeah, I see that. Then I guess it’s just a matter of applying enough phys dmg fast enough. More savagery too, I notice, which is great. This might be a game-changer - thanks a bunch, will update!

I’m short the chest piece, so it’ll be a while until I can test. But I’m deffo on to something that seems more powerful thanks to you.

Bladetwister also screws up the elemental conversion on the crusher, so it might turn out inferior to a coven storm seal, which has more relevant +skills and much better resists.

You presumably have a helm recipe so you can craft another one and transmute it. If you lack essence grind SR on elite.

If you need the chest piece, join Discord and you can have one from me. :slight_smile:

I thought it might and had thought to ask, so thanks a bunch!

Thanks, man - that’s very generous. I was just told about transmuting too, which I didn’t know about, so I guess it won’t be necessary. Thanks again tho!

I did not know about transmute. Holy moly I’m going to have some fun now! Thanks again, man! :smiley:

EDIT: Build sucks. A lot of damage, but can’t make it past SR45. Too squishy.

So, I promised an update: This build definitely does a lot more damage. A metric ton of damage actually. Still seems a bit squishy at first go, but hey.

I give you the Bloodraging Avenger, now with two more procs that I’m very happy with (Bull + Sands): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZypEaqV

Thanks for your feedback and ideas everyone :smile: