B24 Hotfix 1 (v0.3.3.2)

Build 24 Hotfix 1 is now live.

• Fixed a crash on multiplayer clients caused by a monster pathing issue.
  • Fixed a sound related crash when exiting the game.
  • Fixed a pathing issue which could cause charge skills to become stuck.
  • Fixed a bug in the Soldier skill “Deadly Momentum” where the buff did not apply correctly to the player.
  • Fixed a bug where some set granted skills would fail to work.
  • Fixed a bug where some older characters could not receive faction bonuses.

We’ll be issuing further hotfix patches to fix some of the issues still remaining in B24 when the rest of the team returns from PAX.

Wait…are you saying you’re…you’re not at PAX? :frowning:

Thanks for the hard work, as ever. :slight_smile:

Looks like the work of evil medierra :stuck_out_tongue:

No Rhis in the line-up. Thanx for watching over us. :wink:

Used to work the scuba dive shows twice a year and while it’s not as stressful as demoing a product as it’s more sales based, it’s still hard work and can be very demanding being constantly on the go, especially when you get a rush crowd.

Rhis might have the easier weekend, you never know :wink:

Cheers for the patch regardless of why you are still there. :smiley:

Appreciate your dedication!

I take it this is the fix for Blitz/SS doing a dance when landing just in front of a group of mobs?

If so, hallelujah! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Cavar,post:7,topic:28872”]

That is a really major pathing fix for a bug that has been plaguing these skill for ages. Thanks Rhis.

Rhis:

You’re my hero now, you know that, right?

RIGHT??!

:slight_smile:

I wasn’t expecting a hotfix this early. MUCH thanks!

I’d say the opposite why wasn’t a hotfix pushed out sooner after all these b24 bugs were reported over and over? Yes yes I know b24 was released sooner than we all expected it to be.

The hard work of the Crate team is always appreciated but b24 is what led me to taking a break from GD.

Is it possible to make that Blitz will attack nearby enemies if he cannot reach original enemy for some reason? Blitz has long cooldown and usually you heavy relly on his aoe damage. When my cooldown wasted it hurts heavily. Also it’s aoe skill and this is not problem if it will hit not original enemy because it will hit somebody also anyway (unlike Shadow Strike)

I really like this suggestion. Horrible when it does nothing.

Hear, Hear! +1 in support of this! :cool:

Loving this idea! +1

You know I never understand why Blitz allows you to pinpoint a particular enemy to charge in the first place. In terms of game mechanics it might be just easier if they make it directional (straight line) and then whatever is in the way gets moshed. That’s kind of how I envisage a warrior charging anyway…none of this weaving in and out to reach a particular enemy like a great fairy. I’d also like to see additional damage done if you have a shield equipped.

I also think they have shadow strike wrong too. You are supposed to be vanishing and then reappearing over a targeted enemy yet it behaves more like a charge.

Sorry…bit off topic.

A plausible reason would be implementation costs? It’s easier to lock onto a single or fixed number of enemies, such as Soldier’s and Nightblade’s AoE attacks, than make it have an effective radius and dynamically apply damage to all enemies within the radius. I would also like it if such game mechanics are made more intuitive and natural.

Hmmm… I think I just saw my Commando getting stuck at some point mid-way to my target. And often times I see it not “hitting” or doing anything once it gets to the target location. So I hope its not the same issue that’s been fixed?

I admit though, it would be cool if Blitz damages anything in its path while Shadow Strike can pass-through enemies. That would seriously and indefinitely differentiate the two skills design and utility wise.

I believe there were two distinct bugs. I had a reply in a different thread from devs that acknowledged this and hinted at possible hotfix.

I agree with jaknet’s comment about that…well done