B25: Factions and Nemeses

there is no enough information on the bounties like “Killing the 'Bruiser Romanov” like locations or hints on whereabouts…anyways nice update…good job Crate…

THANK YOU for your great work crate :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for not being clear. Your maps look great. I mean the map in this website (http://maps.grimdawn.es/) where rift, entrance, and quest mark are displayed on the map.

if I’m not mistaken the description says something like “He’s rarely seen leaving the side of Darius Cronley”, which is quite true.

Had a play around with the Homestead ones on my current favourite max level character. I gotta say, I never had this problem. ‘Kill bla bla the rat, and his rate in Heffney mine’ or whatever it was. Salazar’s description was a bit more hidden. I think it was something about him hiding in a cultist lair. I didn’t have any trouble finding them, but I have a decent grasp on the bosses names I picked up somewhere along the line.

I like the somewhat vague locations. Gives a sense of exploration, and player skill instead of character stats or whatever. I’m sure eventually there will be guides on the wiki for people who haven’t encountered a certain boss yet, or can’t remember him, but for now I like the ones I’ve seen.

That being said, Bruiser Romanov…maybe one of the bosses in Cronleys Hideout? Can’t remember him specifically. Maybe I need more than 110 hours played to remember him haha

Ah that’s another person. Here’s the thread for that: [Tool] GD Interactive Maps.

Hi, I haven’t heard back from anyone with regard these questions. Are they offensive or unclear? If it has been offensive, I apologize as I have not intention to do so. Please let me know why so I can make the ask these questions better without being offensive or unclear. Hope you guys enjoy B25!:slight_smile:

Thanks ibugsy, now I know it will be updated soon! Thank you Jaknet for the clarification and making the map!

Correct. The new equipment is sold by the various Quartermasters.

It means that item is bound to that character and cannot be traded, dropped or placed in the shared stash.

Soulbound Augments make the item they are applied to Soulbound. Regular Augments (which do not exist at this time), do not have this restriction.

Pierce Ratio converts a % of physical damage to pierce. Before B25, that only applied to the weapon’s base damage, now it applies to all of your physical attack damage when attacking with a weapon that has Pierce Ratio.

Yes, monsters with lower DA are now a little tougher too. The PTH formula on the website was actually sneakily updated weeks ago.

If a monster is wearing equipment, then the adjustment affects them too. Otherwise, no.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21520

Yes.

Menhir’s Will gives you flat health regeneration, so the % bonus from Overguard would boost it.

Nice update. I would really like to see mobs level scale with the player’s regardless of the area (higher mob lvl than player’s is ofc fine) because it is just annoying to skip all low level mobsters before you get to the boss/bounty target.

Also the mob level jumps weirdly between 39-41 and then 13-15 in the Foggy Banks where I was trying to find Slathra (was nowhere to be found though, searched every nook n cranny). There seems to be no logic where the higher lvl mobs spawn since the bounty target was missing/bugged. This needs to get fixed asap, it is especially annoying for hardcore.

Thank you very much for the answers to the questions, Zantai! Your answers are clear and quick! You rock!

Long live Grim Dawn! Long Live Crate Entertaiment! :slight_smile:

Mobs will scale with the player regardless of area at higher difficulties.

Bounty targets ignore level limits, so they can spawn higher level than surrounding monsters. Where did you see 39-41 mobs in the Foggy Bank?

Slathra has 3 possible spawn points, I’ve updated her bounty to give a more direct hint to her location She can also sometimes spawn in a cave in that area.

Question to Zantai - with new multi-thread support in b25 these things from options.txt will affect the game? List:

forceSingleProcessorMode
maxResourceThreads

Thanks for the reply Zantai. I encountered lvl 39-41 mobs in the Cultist cave near the shrine in the backroom. Also saw a few near the vendor in Wightmire as well as in the area where there used to be the stonehenge close to the path that leads to the small peninsula where you find them green shoulders under the log (quest).

Was playing on hc veteran, lvl 40 Commando if that provides any further help.

Void Fiends which spawn on death of a cultist ignore the level cap. Similar to Corpse Fiends.

I’ve also noticed since the new update, everytime I join a multiplayer game, my game crashes after 3-5 minutes… And when I say everytime, I really mean it. I can’t play multiplayer more than 5 minutes now… R.I.P playing with friends for a while I guess…

Same here.

same here, for my buddy too

Little performance testing. Short run to last location of act 1. Three runs, with
maxResourceThreads = 1
maxResourceThreads = 2
maxResourceThreads = 4

Here results:

For me it’s an improvement, FPS in hot battles really go higher. I got ~+10-15 in some cases. Optimal maxResourceThreads = 2 i think.