B27 Hotfix 2

any win xp 32 bits fix? just asking

Well, time to start moving around skill points again to see how my weather Druid does now. Thanks for listening to the community and reacting so quickly to some of the suggestions and ideas.

Wow this Maiven’s change is bonkers to me, fixed 25% damage penalty PLUS 12% cast speed at 12/12, more so at lower ranks. I thought this was a typo when I read it. Military Conditioning, better skill with more effective health with zero penalty…and then casters get THIS?

Great changes. I don’t think the Maivens change is that bad. I would agree that the skill isn’t usable until you can drop 12 points at once. However with the reduction in difficulty in both Normal and Veteran, the two should be a wash. Besides, some of those videos out there of pure casters faceroll everything anyways. I question if the 12% even matters.

Thank you for increasing healing amounts for Nightblade. Maybe that puts them closer to par with Shaman healing and Mend Flesh. The gear requirement changes are a big help for my hybrids too.

There are videos of every build facerolling things, see the heavy nerfs recently to DW Cadence. Penalizing casters over weapon users significantly IN A CASTER MASTERY is not a great idea to me. If casters are doing too much damage, then re-tune their damage, don’t add a penalty that hurts lower level players WAY more in a required skill for casters when the similar skills for Soldiers and Nightblades don’t’ have penalties (and even have dps buffs attached to them).

Thanks for all these fixes and updates.

Holy crap! All you do is complain about everything on each update and not saying nothing good about other fixes and updates… Get a grip! It’s not that bad, and casters are already pretty powerful as they are!

I have 6 different kinds of casters, and neither needs Maiven, so just work around it.

Some hybrid classes focus on elemental damage in ranged or melee but don’t have a need for cast speed at all. The loss of conversion and gained total damage penalty could be a wash when it comes to these types of classes. Casting speed, who cares then? For pure caster, I’m pretty sure the damage reduction change is a wash too since most spells don’t include physical damage to begin with. 12% loss isn’t that much for cast speed which can be made up for with other gear.

Zantai,

I propose an actual solution. Maybe increase how high cast speed bonuses can be on components. Just as a quick check, there are only two components which add cast speed % on their base stats.

10% on Restless Remains (increase to 12%?)
5% on Spellwoven threads (increase to 10%?)

After all, they can only be used on Hands. Can’t stack them.

There is a 5% bonus on random completion (for all components I think?).

As a compromise, apply more cast speed bonuses on certain caster oriented component base stats and/or increase proc rate of the cast speed completion bonus on caster oriented components.

Thanks for addressing some issues that have been brought up recently.

Addressing Nightblade healing is a nice start. Pneumatic Burst health regen should be higher. The percent upgrade at 12/12 is decent, but the healing per second should be higher due to incoming damage a Nightblade takes. At max level a health regen of 33 with a 33% increase over 16 seconds will be right around 704 healing over the 16 seconds. A Nightblade build by itself does not have strong defenses and could use a little more. This is a step in the right direction.

As a Blademaster, I have been hit for over 2k damage since build 27 has come out. My defenses seem fine. It was in Steps of Torment. I have no idea what hit me that hard but more health regen in the class would not be a bad thing.

At max level, true, but while leveling? Not so much. It’s a huge penalty to your damage at lower levels.

That said, I think it could be fixed by scaling both penalties with points invested rather than imposing them up front and reducing the cast speed penalty with points invested. This would reduce the penalty on players who want the skill but don’t want to invest the full twelve points, and it would also help the skill remain useful while leveling.

And in the spirit of saying good things about this build, I really like most of the other changes. A little disappointed Veteran got nerfed, but I’ll live with it.

Great fix, thanks!

I can see the game wants to power up damage over time like electrocute, coldburn damage. But is there any plan on removing bleeding and poison immunity (~500 resistance) on undead? SoT is one of the end game contents and its about defeating undead, that means bleeding and poison builds are not end-game viable. :confused:

This part is not true. The only enemy with gratuituous amounts of poison resistance/duration reduction is the Herald of the Flame. Poison is very viable, Bleed a bit less so but in general it gets paired with Physical which is still the easiest damage type to use.

They are not immune to Poison. They do, however, have a 50% reduction to poison duration.

There are no plans to reduce their high reduction to poison/bleed duration, but we do plan on introducing high resistances/immunities to other damage types in other challenge dungeons.

MWAHAHAHA Awesome :slight_smile: So evil. SO good :smiley:

EDIT PS: This actually gives good incentives to play more than one toon too :slight_smile: SWEEET :smiley:

Do you know you’re using a software that isn’t being supported by Microsoft anymore?

How about that new gallows location, though? Pretty neat decor.

Thermite mine detonation skill removed? I don’t see any mention of that here, was it intentional or is this a bug?

Hmm… sounds like we might get an interesting introduction for new created characters soon.

Oops, forgot to add that to the changelog. Yes, intentional as it was exploitable.

To compensate, the ticking damage of the flame and the modifier was increased a bit.

just downloaded H2, started a new char, and immediately took a ss to post here haha! very cool indeed :slight_smile: