B27 Hotfix 2

v0.3.5.7 (b27 Hotfix 2)

[Tech]

• Fixed a rare crash caused by fragmenting projectiles
  • Fixed a rare crash caused by monsters attempting to navigate to targets outside the world
  • Fixed an occasional crash when loading new areas
  • Fixed a bug where mouse buttons 4+ would not correctly activate some skills
  • Individual damage types on the Character Sheet now include a percentage of Percent Chance damage

[Game]

• Monster damage adjusted down on Normal and Veteran
  • Monster spawn level ranges updated so you are less frequently fighting monsters significantly above your level. Monsters in challenge areas continue to have a boost to their level. In addition, monsters no longer scale up in level based on number of players in a multiplayer session. This should result in a more reasonable/predictable threat when playing with others.
  • Health potions adjusted to 35% instant healing, up from 25%, and 40% over time, down from 50%.
  • Queen Ravna’s impale attack has been adjusted to be less bursty

[Itemization]

• Item loot tables updated so that lower level equipment stops dropping sooner at higher levels
  • Affix loot tables updated to provide an increased drop rate of double affix items and rares. This change impacts Champion monsters and above, as well as Chests. The strongest monsters (ex. bosses) drop less single-affix Magic items and more double-affix items and rares.
  • Crafting rates improved for Magical quality blueprints, with a reduced rate of single affix Magic items by 25%, increased rate of double affix Magic items by 20% and an increased rate of Rare items by 10%
  • Caster weapon loot tables have been overhauled. Caster weapons now favor affixes which match their respective elements. This does not mean that you will never see other affixes (ex. you can still get Officer’s on a Chaos wand), but the rate has been significantly reduced.
  • Reduced all armor physique requirements by ~5% on Common armor and ~6% on Epic armor (about 60 physique difference on a level 50 Heavy Armor Torso)
  • Fixed stat issues with several MI weapons, particularly spectral weapons. When these weapons were changed to use base magic damage + Conversion, their flat variable magic damage was not properly removed in some cases, resulting in overtuned damage. In addition, some weapons had a mismatch of their damage type and what damage they converted to.
  • Relic - Juggernaut: reduced chance of Stun duration to 1.5s from 2s

[Class & Skills]

Nightblade

• Pneumatic Burst: % Healing increased by 2% by rank 12. Health regeneration increased to 33, up from 25.
  • Breath of Belgothian: % Health Regeneration increased to 33%, up from 25%
  • Shadow Dance: Defensive Ability bonus scaling increased to 85, up from 75, by rank 12
  • Fixed a bug in Amarasta’s Blade Burst which prevented weapon damage from being applied correctly

Arcanist

• Maiven’s Sphere of Protection: Conversion removed, % Total damage penalty is now fixed at -25% at all ranks. Added a Casting Speed penalty that scales down with rank.

Shaman

• Devouring Swarm: reduced Resist Reduction to -75% at rank 16 and -100% at max ultimate rank
  • Stormcaller’s Pact: increased % Lightning Damage and added flat Electrocute damage for weapon attacks

Attachment: start.jpg
Attachment: Maiven.jpg
Attachment: Gun.jpg

aw not casting speed… what the fuck.

EDIT**** Never mind now i see :slight_smile:

Woot, thanks Zantai and everybody else on Crate for this. :slight_smile:

Stormcaller’s Pact hype!

… Maivens

Hot fix sounds pretty good tho

Wow this looks to be an amazing change! Really impressed with this! Shame I don’t have my computer right now to play it :cry:

I’m assuming when it says Monster damage adjusted down on Normal and Veteran that includes Hardcore and Hardcore Veteran :frowning:

As I have never seen you specifically ever say anything aboot Hardcore.

Casting speed, huh… Can’t say I’m a fan of this change. Guess I’ll have to try it out when I get home to see how it feels, but my initial reaction is that this is probably the most annoying penalty it could have… Well maybe except for a total speed penalty :undecided:.

Here’s hoping that % damage modified gets fixed soon so that can be used instead.

I have to say I’ve only been playing for ten minutes, but the loot is so much more satisfying and useful. Not op as most of the double rolls aren’t all that great. But still now I won’t have to craft so many items sooo many items :rolleyes: .

That casting speed penalty is pretty large and will hurt a lot at lower levels, especially when combined with the % Total Damage penalty. I think this will just encourage players to hoard skill points until they have enough to max out the Maiven’s in a single go.

Digging the hire rate of double rares on heros :slight_smile:

My FS Sorcerer is so happy about that Maiven’s change :D.

Let’s go see how the next leaning towards double affiixes work.

I’ve a weird question: with the change on epic lower level items dropping less sooner at higher levels, how does it affect the variance? Would I be able to get a lvl 30 epic from 40-44 mobs, for instance?

Stormcaller’s Pact looks really good now, specially at max Savagery charges and Storm Touched’s proc :smiley:

Thanks Zantai and everyone on Crate, the update looks good :smiley:

Yeah I can do 2.5 to 3.5K Crits again on my Lightning Nova builds :slight_smile:

Alternatively, it might force players to avoid Maiven’s altogether until they have gear sufficient to overcome the penalties. Either way, I think this change is going to hurt low-level players.

Personally I never use maivens at low levels, the 50% Total damage was always to much in early game. I have never tuned it on until I atleast had 6 points in it.

that new hanging tree background is just well… Grim, really Grim.

Doesn’t that seem problematic to you? Do we really want a skill in the game that can’t be used once you start to put points in it (at least until you get enough gear to make the penalties palatable)?

I’m not saying it needs to be super strong at a single point, but it seems to me that right now it’s overly punishing when you are just starting out. Especially when you consider it’s a Mastery Lvl 15 skill and not a Lvl 50 skill.