Back OLD Auto Sort

Completely agree. I made the same common in the patch notes thread. I am so glad that this little thing got added. Now that said, some are asking for a toggle to always keep it on instead of it being default and I’d be totally okay with that but if they don’t add that I will not be in the least bit heart broken.
EDIT: Just saw Zantai’s response about the next update having a way to skip that so now everyone should hopefully be happy.

I’m aware this is not a solution for gamepad users. The PROGRAMMER is considering options.

4 Likes

There is a simple option for all Players: Make a checkbox option. So everybody can choose their favorite playstyle.
Pressing shift all the time is not really a good solution for those who dont want this confirmation.

2 Likes

Though i’d argue the “Shift” Functionality they will add with the next Patch is still a great addition, due it also smoothen the whole thing out for People who do for certain things use Auto-Sort and for other Stuff Manually Sort. IMHO it’s a pretty elegant Solution. Still not saying that an “toggable” Option in general is a bad idea on top of that upcoming feature.

I’d prefer a toggle in options, which would also work for both control schemes.
While shift clicking provides the option to bypass the message, you still have to hold one button extra compared to the old version and you might forget to hold it sometimes due to muscle memory, which leads to an unwanted pop-up.

With a toggle you just have to set the preferred option once and never need to think about it again.

2 Likes

I like this solution. It will help me avoid accidentally sorting tabs which I do not want to auto sort, but still allows me to sort components tabs without too many clicks.

I can almost hear as The PROGRAMMER says
“Oh, shit, this checkbox is too difficult to implement, fuck this shit, it’ll take shittons of a days to implement and it will bring some more bugs, so I won’t do this shit, let’s just do the Shift+Click”

And then gamepad users ruin his perfect arguments…

Well, it’s got to work for gamepads since the game is being ported to Xbox. So THE PROGRAMMER has to sort it out somehow.

1 Like

couldn’t agree more! BRING BACK OLD SORT! Don’t need an option, it’s not deleting!

1 Like

a little late in agreeing though, as in 1.1.4.2 you can choose whether you want the warning or not…

You could choose and people agreed to it? I am blown away…

Crate gave you a POWER to BRING BACK OLD SORT. All you need to feel almighty is to click one checkbox in the options.
If I recall correctly it’s in the Interface tab.

So i’ve been told. Thank you! Didn’t know when posted.

The only thing I would like is that promised ‘shift’ ignore auto-sort. See, I have following problem: I really like to have the prompt to not mess up my stash, but I don’t like having the prompt for my inventory. I also frequently sort my stash tabs, and thus it becomes annoying there as well.
I don’t know if there is already some key I could bind to do that, but so far I have not found it.

You can toggle the auto sort for the stash under the interface in the Options Mneu.

I think you missunderstood my point. I mean to say that I like having that confirmation since I keep clicking on it by accident. So, I want the confirmation enabled, but sometimes I want to autosort on purpose. In such a case, I would prefer if I could ignore it by clicking a specific key to ignore the prompt.

And I think you also misunderstood. Although Zantai initially talked about using shift to turn it on or off, in the end they decided to make it a toggle instead.

I merely stated that the proposed option is indeed a good addition, since it would allow a greater degree of customisation, as well as enabling a bit more comfort. Is it that hard to understand? Why would it contradict the toggle mechanic, if you also include the shift mechanic? It would neither deny, nor contradict - solely expand the use of the auto-sort.
The action to turn it off is still important for some people. For me, though, the shift mechanic would be important. And I am quite sure that I am not completely alone for that.

Please?! a simple check box “Dont ask again.”

Uh, maybe check settings again?