[Balance]Druid caster feel too weak

So , ive tried a few druids casters: CDR-based TSS+Devastation, CDR based AAR+Devastation , CDR wind devils+storm totem, Crit wind devils+TSS, Crit AAR + Devastation.
Trougs :

1. The only reliable source of AO/DA is tenacity of the boar and its tied to savagery. Its realy annoying to keep it up. Ofc, savagery is a no-go route for spells spamers, aka AAR and CT.
    2)Storm totem seriosly lack dmg scaling. It does less that my items procs! I can hardly justify putting in more that onepointer for devotion-procs spam.
    3)Wind devils move too slow, its painfull to watch =( And they seem to ignore Maelstorm half of the time? Wery unreliable skill.
    4)1 sec duration on Raging tempest is a joke, i cant even say if its working or not. I suggest to buff duration to at least 5 sec.
  2. Ive expected a lot from crit AAR build, but it ended inferior to battlemage in every possible way. Less dmg output, less mobility, less survivability. >_> 200% crit dmg dosent help if i cant push OA above 2600 =(
  3. TSS does half dmg of untransmuted CT. Kinda sad for TSS.

4)1 sec duration on Raging tempest is a joke, i cant even say if its working or not. I suggest to buff duration to at least 5 sec.

It should be constantly reapplied while an enemy is affected by the wind devil.

Do wind devil cast it or just apply it on attack? I dont see why the duration must be so low.

We can assume things will change in the expansion, with the large amount of gear offering skill modifiers.

And that’s if the target is not standing next to a wall, or a tree or just about anything so most of the comets don’t crash prematurely without doing damage :eek:

I’m sorry but you can easily do 80 to 100k crits on TSS Druids there is zero chance of getting that on untransmuted callidor’s tempest. Yes the DPS is lower but thats because TSS has a cooldown and CT doesn’t. TSS does more damage per hit, but since CT is spammable it can get 3 or four casts per second inflating its DPS (Damage per Second)

1. Inner Focus is an okay skill, if you can stack flat OA on gear and overcap it.
  2. Storm totem is poop.
  3. Wind Devils are awesome debuffing/proc skill. Tie Reckless Tempest to them and cast them constantly, you are going to have around 80% of uptime of Reckless Tempest
  4. I agree, 1 second is low. But trash dies anyway, for fat heroes/bosses/nemesis I personally use “pet attack button”. Works pretty well.
  5. Don’t know anything about aar builds :slight_smile: But I’ve heard that they are more of a Sorcerer thing

I have the same problem with melee Druid, it’s on ok class, but looses to Elementalist casters and other melee classes (Because we are bound to use 2h axe from Ultos set)

Druids are not in a good place compared to most classes.

Shh, let them complain until Druids get buffed so that we who know better can laugh all the way to the bank. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not saying Druids are good or bad, just stating that the reason TSS DPS is lower then CT is because 1 has a cooldown and 1 is spammable. So saying TSS is bad because it has lower DPS is a stupid statement.
To see how good a cooldown skill is you have to judge it by it’s damage per hit.

Actualy it is possible to deliver 80k crits on untransmuted CT. You need Sorcerer for it =)

I’m not buying it until I see it, as there’s no way you are getting enough damage per hit to crit that high with CT. At least not consistently. Might be able to pul it off on a select few mobs which you can drop there resists low enough, but even then I’m still not truly sold.
TSS can hit that high consistently through end game.

But it is, I saw a post by Zantai saying it.
The debuff is refreshed forever if wind devil stays on a target
It only lasts 1 seconds if it passes through, go away and never touch the mob again

Edit: Here it is:

BTW

I have one TSS/wind devil Druid and it’s a little bad, I agree :rolleyes:

120% crit multi during Iscandra proc and 3050 effective oa for average 1.3 multiplier against strongest bosess, -20% fire from warpfire -15% fire from Ulzuin hat -44% from mine -20% from eldrich fire -27 from agonizing flames 25%less from viper . Then aether reduction -20% from warpfire -33% from arcane bomb -27 from agonizing flames 15% less res from augment. Add to this a load of flat dmg from capped Flame touched, Iscandra proc with half of cold dmg converted to fire, consumption of Agrivix skill, capped Reckless power and high lvl fabric of reality. Add some minor stuff from jewelry and youre gonna deliver these crits during procs/skill effects.
As for TSS, Sentinel once spawed with a bunch of resistant gear. Ive spend 15 minute killing him, definitly wery consistent solid dmg >_>

I’m ok with the dps from my druid. If it get some additional RR will be very pleased.

The main problem I had is somewhat squishy, lack of tankiness mechanic.

When combine with the dps, It should deal much more dmg in the order to survive against hard bosses or can deal enough DoT to save time while kiting. It seems to be glass-cannon, but can’t end the fight fast. To improve TSS druids may need more dmg(from having more RR) or tankiness/survival mechanic.

My last test on him is killing Fabius around 40-50 secs which is too long for glass-cannon. I use Mark of Apostate to get 50% fumble and Oleron’s Might to minimize the dmg. Still not 100% facetanking him. Need to run away about 1-3 times per battle.

I don’t mean to be facetanking with everythings even I play caster. But the game seems not to provide better way to fight.

none of that proves to me you get 80k crits with CT.
Video of you getting an 80k crit or I still call bullshit.

And again even if some how you are able to, it needs an absolute perfect storm of every proc going off at same time. And you need alot less gear and -rr to hit 80K with TSS. If you put up those same -rr numbers with TSS you will probably be around 150K+ damage even higher with Iskandra’s Relic proc up

I said TSS consistently hits 80K+ crits which doesn’t mean every single cast. Sure some bosses who spawn with great gear can cause issues, but that’s the same with any skill tho.
Only way it took you 15 minutes to Kill sentinel is if you let him just lounge at his healing totems or just bad.

Legendary - Trozan’s Ascension Set: replaced % Resist Reduction on Fallen Comet with 80 Defensive Ability Reduction

we lost, boys. :mad:

Anyone using Trozan’s either has Elemental Storm or Maelstrom at a high level, this isn’t really a big deal.

Still a horrible change and makes no sense. Why not remove -rr from all procs on gear then. The change is useless and adds nothing to the set.

Crushing defeat T_T :o