[Balance]Druid caster feel too weak

I’m not buying it until I see it, as there’s no way you are getting enough damage per hit to crit that high with CT. At least not consistently. Might be able to pul it off on a select few mobs which you can drop there resists low enough, but even then I’m still not truly sold.
TSS can hit that high consistently through end game.

But it is, I saw a post by Zantai saying it.
The debuff is refreshed forever if wind devil stays on a target
It only lasts 1 seconds if it passes through, go away and never touch the mob again

Edit: Here it is:

BTW

I have one TSS/wind devil Druid and it’s a little bad, I agree :rolleyes:

120% crit multi during Iscandra proc and 3050 effective oa for average 1.3 multiplier against strongest bosess, -20% fire from warpfire -15% fire from Ulzuin hat -44% from mine -20% from eldrich fire -27 from agonizing flames 25%less from viper . Then aether reduction -20% from warpfire -33% from arcane bomb -27 from agonizing flames 15% less res from augment. Add to this a load of flat dmg from capped Flame touched, Iscandra proc with half of cold dmg converted to fire, consumption of Agrivix skill, capped Reckless power and high lvl fabric of reality. Add some minor stuff from jewelry and youre gonna deliver these crits during procs/skill effects.
As for TSS, Sentinel once spawed with a bunch of resistant gear. Ive spend 15 minute killing him, definitly wery consistent solid dmg >_>

I’m ok with the dps from my druid. If it get some additional RR will be very pleased.

The main problem I had is somewhat squishy, lack of tankiness mechanic.

When combine with the dps, It should deal much more dmg in the order to survive against hard bosses or can deal enough DoT to save time while kiting. It seems to be glass-cannon, but can’t end the fight fast. To improve TSS druids may need more dmg(from having more RR) or tankiness/survival mechanic.

My last test on him is killing Fabius around 40-50 secs which is too long for glass-cannon. I use Mark of Apostate to get 50% fumble and Oleron’s Might to minimize the dmg. Still not 100% facetanking him. Need to run away about 1-3 times per battle.

I don’t mean to be facetanking with everythings even I play caster. But the game seems not to provide better way to fight.

none of that proves to me you get 80k crits with CT.
Video of you getting an 80k crit or I still call bullshit.

And again even if some how you are able to, it needs an absolute perfect storm of every proc going off at same time. And you need alot less gear and -rr to hit 80K with TSS. If you put up those same -rr numbers with TSS you will probably be around 150K+ damage even higher with Iskandra’s Relic proc up

I said TSS consistently hits 80K+ crits which doesn’t mean every single cast. Sure some bosses who spawn with great gear can cause issues, but that’s the same with any skill tho.
Only way it took you 15 minutes to Kill sentinel is if you let him just lounge at his healing totems or just bad.

Legendary - Trozan’s Ascension Set: replaced % Resist Reduction on Fallen Comet with 80 Defensive Ability Reduction

we lost, boys. :mad:

Anyone using Trozan’s either has Elemental Storm or Maelstrom at a high level, this isn’t really a big deal.

Still a horrible change and makes no sense. Why not remove -rr from all procs on gear then. The change is useless and adds nothing to the set.

Crushing defeat T_T :o

How is losing a stat that had minimal impact on your dps in exchange for a significant DA reduction on enemies a crushing defeat?

Edit: And before somebody goes on about how % Resist Reduction is not minor, let me elaborate on how % Resist Reduction (note not -% Resist debuffs) works…

% Resist Reduction is applied last, after flat Resist Reduction and -% Resist Reduction. It cannot reduce a target’s resistance below 0.

So if an enemy has say 50% Cold Resist, you reduce that to 20% through other effects. 20% x 0.16 is a huge 3.2% Resist Reduction. Instead, you now reduce enemy DA by 80, which given that you probably don’t have any DA reduction effects with a Trozan build, is going to be much more impactful for you with more/larger crits.

Resist reduction is rarer then OA, it’s easy to have high enough OA that you can crit enemies without lowering their DA.
Druids need resists reduction
Sorcerer’s already have flashbang
Spellbreaker it will be decent but again resist reduction is still better
Battlemage have shit ton of OA
Warlock also has ton of OA

The way you made the game, resist reduction is most important stat even if it’s random.

I was too slow on the edit, see above.

Hm.

0.832/0.8 = 1.04 = 4% more damage.

80 DA reduction equals +80 OA. IIRC OA converts into crit chance by multiplying on 0.04 before breakpoint, so +3.2% crit chance. Normally trozan druid won’t be picking Stormcaller’s Pact, so about +75% crit damage from IEE and TSS, maybe +15% more from gear, so let’s say +90%. Let’s also assume we can’t do crits above x1.1, so crits will be x2.0, which is +100% damage. 100% * 0.032 = 3.2% more damage.

Slightly less but still ok.
Shared cooldowns on WD procs is bound to hurt much more. You couldn’t had possibly buffed base WDs damage enough to compensate for extra Whirlpool or Reckless Tempest, not even mentioning AOE, hadn’t you?

Actualy irc %RR dont stacks, so its this stat was kinda meaningless since all elemental builds pick Viper with 25%ele RR.

You are correct on the first part, but casters don’t pick Viper because they usually have no %Weapon Damage skills to channel Viper’s effect. Technically I can grab something like Exonerator or Northern Wyrm on a Druid and use occasional shots to apply Viper, but idk, somewhat weird.

Good luck applying Viper weapon-based RR with TSS though. It doesn’t really matter anyway, %RR was never very impactful.

That said reduced DA is even less impactful than Stupid Dragon estimated, for your typical Druid it’s gonna be under 2.5% damage according to my spreadsheet.

When playing Druid i just cant skip Temacity of the Bear to stack enough DA/OA on character, so i eventualy apply all gear RR.

Not sure there’s much difference between the -DA and the multiplicate rr on a class combo that doesn’t provide stacking rr relevant to Trozan/TSS builds.

It’s Wind Devils (aka Maelstrom and that one point you need to unlock it) that got a nerf hammer hilt bash in the teeth with the devotion change. Change to totems surprisingly more than makes up for it and I was always using both anyway, but the change definitely made the Devil skill line (even) less desirable than pre-patch.

Reckless Tempest also became less desirable as a result, but the concept of bypassing cooldowns was silly anyway.

Damage increase on Wind Devil and Reckless Tempest was marginal at best if this is still true: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48297&highlight=devil
Those two nodes still leave a whole lot to be desired imo.

[QUOTE=Ptirodaktill;516223]So , ive tried a few druids casters: CDR-based TSS+Devastation, CDR based AAR+Devastation , CDR wind devils+storm totem, Crit wind devils+TSS, Crit AAR + Devastation.

1. Ive expected a lot from crit AAR build, but it ended inferior to battlemage in every possible way. Less dmg output, less mobility, less survivability. >_> 200%

You should try a reflect battlemage focusing on multiple melee attacks and elemental damage.
Just focus on the big boss and everything else melts itself.
Sure you can get more damage from retaliation, but at a certain point it just doesn’t matter usually when on hit nova procs are over 6k damage of more than 3 types.

After playing that all my fun builds AAR, warder, pure occultist, pure phys ranged… Well really brought out how completely nerfing inferior every other build is to the point there’s simply no fun scraping through the game with them.