Banshee - Pet Ritualist - SR 140 Version :3

Reserbirbs

Reserbirb 2

Final Reserbirb :3

Atomic Emu, Pet Conjurer - Callagadra Facetank Edition (SR-140) was pretty nice, but you still had to re-summon pets every now and then.

So, I decided to make a Reap Spirit pet build that can tank Callagadra image.

Playstyle is pretty straightforward - pretend to be a caster, spam everything and wait for things to die. Think of this as a much more tankier version of my Ishtar - Pet Ritualist, made with facetanking Callagadra in mind.

I don’t know what changes future patches will bring to Superbosses, so I wanted to get this out right away.

Nice durability!

When I was playing around with RS, I noticed that the only resist RS lacking - and all other pets - is slow resist (0%). This could mean that DeathWalker’s Gaze is useful as it is the only pet thing that provides such (including devotions).

Consider in some cases this could mean not losing a significant chunk of damage output with some mobs. I think Cally’s minion debuffs speed, for example.

Have you had any experence with comparing using slow resist vs your current boots (speed, damage) in general practice?

And another question:

I read that all attack skills (including debufs) can miss if OA is too low. I’m curious if you have seen DS, Omen, or RS miss with this. I ask because you might have had time to notice such because the build has a bit of time to watch the party.

In theory 1800 OA vs 2000 DA has a miss chance of 1/6 (16%). With Cally this might have been as high as 40% chance.

Did you notice any of your player debuf skills ever miss here? It’s something I have always wondered but haven’t had any play time lately to test.

1 Like

Ty :blush:

Hm… good point. But, since I always go for player durability over Pet defense/offense, I tend to never go for Deathwalker over Fiendflesh.
General damage absorption vs Vitality and Bleed only = Fiendflesh wins every single time for me.

I will test it later on this setup - Halloween - OnlyGhosts Damage focused Pet Ritualist to see if I can reduce Cally kill time by a noticeable amount.

Also need to see if the Resistance to Life Reduction makes any actual difference :thinking:

Hm… no idea. I personally never noticed it and Reap Spirit always proc’ed for me.

But tbh, only Omen has a high enough CD for it to make an actual difference if skills do miss.

Well, damn. Consider me impressed. Only change was boots.

vs

SR 120 done. I know that my conjurer went upto SR 140 and my Ishtar manages SR 120 just fine despite being much less tanky, but the issue here is that Banshee sacrifices a ton of damage to be able to facetank Callagadra and in the process, makes doing deeper SR shards painfully slow. So, I decided to just do SR120 and call it a day.

The bosses were some of the easier ones, but still, zero kiting and everything was facetanked. Normal mobs were the actual problem due to build lacking AoE :sweat:

2 Likes

SR 75 - Took around 9:15 minutes, but is still fast enough to complete with plenty of time left over, even with unideal mutators. Everything can be facetanked at this level but I wanted to see if it had enough damage to reliably farm 75-76 and now I can safely say that it does :blush:

1 Like

With an elixir of mogdrogen, got around 8min cally kill :ghost:.
Still slower than Ishtar by 30 seconds, but dis one can facetank cally unlike Ishtar, so I consider it to be a pretty big win.

2 Likes

SR 140 done, bosses fully face tanked, one at a time :3

Bonus fight -

2 Likes

Woohoo. The more I read about your builds, the better I get playing the class.

1 Like

Facetanking not recommended anymore (try to avoid sunder), but 6 min lazy cally kill in 1.2 :3

1 Like

Build updated for 1.2 :sunglasses:

SR 140 Cleared :3

Bonus Fabius without pharma -

1 Like

Further testing in the playtest, makes this my tankiest build atm.

Playtest GT - Ritualist, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

For those wondering, The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3 is technically supposed to be tankier, but since Briarthorns die rather easily now while Reap Spirits are still immortal, we end up with the Ritualist having an easier time surviving.

1 Like

Surprised no one mentioned this.

Devo order: Remove Jackal. No mention of when it’s filled in.

Otherwise, looks a fun build.

1 Like

Oops, it was supposed to be “remove yellow”. I copy/paste a lot of things from older threads and missed it :sweat_smile:. Should be corrected now. Ty for letting me know :+1:

YW. Just unusual no one else noticed or bothered to mention.

BTW, considered bat on ill omen? Good proccer. Also, Bonescavengers? Extra spooks, much fun.

Bat on a pet build where you are not binding the skill to a pet is useless.

Bonescavengers is a good choice, but I was going for something that can easily facetank even celestials. Hence the defensive choices like Everliving gloves.

Hmm. Hadn’t thought about binding to pets. Will give it a try.