Bat + Ghoul meta

I’m not disagreeing with you or norzan. I was explaning to bog that you can’t just say a skill is energy intensive just by looking at the skill cost on it.

You need to take things into consideration - e.g. only the arcanist has mental alacrity, which makes most skills very energy efficient.

EDIT: Furthermore…

• Lightning AAR also has skill modifiers which reduces its energy cost on both gloves and offhand.
  • He’s using “of insights” suffix to support his argument. What if I have a better item choice which disallows me from using green shoes?

Basically…narrow-minded example. Inapplicable to the problems faced by most casters.

Arcanist also have big spirit boost and mental alacrity is great for casters. OK too have energy from Virtue. FoI is the worst case, since it’s energy hungry, but Inquisitor don’t have cast speed or regen.

Yes OK gives fairly substancial regen from ~6 softcap to double at hardcap - and it’s a skill you’ll always max anyways.

But I’d suggest the worst energy skill is DEE spam. FoI has built-in cost reduction in the nodes. Max DE is pretty draining, as well.

Building off this debunked comment to note that Devastation, Doom Bolt, DEE, Quick Jacks, and spam BWC run into far greater energy issues than AAR, with Dev/DB just outright being more costly in the long run.

I’m still not aware of a means to make low-cd DB permanently castable. Every variant I know of runs dry quite quickly.

Even with greens?

Referring to Doom Bolt? Especially with greens. When you get DB down to a 1.X second cd, you can flatten your energy + an energy potion very quickly.

Mind sharing a GT?

@ceno: was looking @ GT…I think you can get DB down to 0.7s after cdr

Unfortunately I don’t have one on hand and I’m in a bit of a rush. I’ll upload one in ~9 hours from now, though, if you like. :confused:

For what it’s worth, my comments are (as usual) from a campaign perspective. DB might see more viability in Crucible because its builds tend to wind up with a good amount of % Energy Absorption, which would be much stronger in confined spaces than the open world. Whether it’s sufficient or not, however, I really don’t know.

Only if it isn’t too much trouble. It really isn’t life or death :stuck_out_tongue:

Just curious is all.

And rightly so. 170 is truly end game content. It’s a big reason why I’m usually dissatisfied with my builds unless they can clear unbuffed/unbannered Cr somewhat reliably.

In which case I can rest assured that they’ll transition to MC without too much of a problem with a little tweaking

I know, it’s my language as well.
But in english, “bog” has another meaning - “топь/трясина/болото”.

1 Like

Wait…so you knowingly named yourself, “God?”

Yup, synonym to swamp.

PS, @sir_spanksalot it’s short from his name, although probably the double meaning effect it’s not randomly applied :wink:

That’s the first half of my name, actually - Bogdan.