[Battlemage] Markovian's sword and board destroyer

I have answered this 4 posts above. I will update the guide and upload save files in next few days.

What alternatives do you suggest for the 3 MIs (ring, boots and weapon) ?

• Earthsplitter ?
  • A second ring of the black matriarch ?
  • Boneshatter Threads or maybe Empowered Dreadnoughts Footpads or even Golemborne Greaves?

Hard to get the MIs …
Can you give some tipps for acquiring them? Where to shop ? Or craft ?

I don’t know if you will get an answer from the OP on this build. I’ts a bit outdated.

For a physical markovian Black ring of Matriarch is a must.

Golemborn Certanly.

For Weapon: not earthsplitter because it has %pierce damage conversion and hurts your build. Wuse either Warborn cudegel or a Good green Boneschythe axe is quite popular. Tyrant’s/Officers/Frenzied of Alacrity/Voracity/Onslaught.

A good imperial mace or Exated blade axe will also do but not Earthplitter

Replace his amulet with Black star of deceit for the resist Debuff and other good things it has like attack damge conversion to health and rare resists.

The Boncythe Axe if you want you can get it either from the secret shop near the blood grove or farming the Mountainn deeeps, those dark trolls

Edit: just ONE black matriarch ring. Second ring a good green. Cornley or Gollu’s. Purging/incorruptible of readiness/Vitality/Potency. Markovian Witchblades got poison resist covered, it’s harder for others

Thank you for your answer mate !
I know its a bit outdated but ih hoped to get an answer from someone of the community, not even the OP :slight_smile:

Im using 2 rings of black matriarch. I know the resist reduction doesnt stack, but the stats are awesome.

There is now “% physical dmg converted to pierce dmg” on the eartchsplitter but there is a “% armor piercing” in the top of the item. Is that the same ?
I need to loot a good weapon… should I shop ? Where can i find these MIs (Strange wares, devils crossing?)

Yes that is the one. Like most axes, it will convert your final phys damage output into pierce and that is bad for a phys build.

For more update on markovian and warborn builds you can check here post # 700 by Drizzto. It the latest update on cadence phys witchblade with markovian or warborn made initially by Jajaja. It’s kinda the same build as this one adn very very powerful. You will find a wealth of info there if you have the patience

Hi,

I’m aa brandly new player of GrimDawn and I want to start to discover the game, the gameplay with this build.

The build is still aviable with the lastest version of the game ?
Did the stuff is hard to have ?

Seeing how you need most of the legendaries to achieve a reasonable amount of survivability in ultimate, the gear req is slightly higher dan most builds.

From experience (I’m playing roughly this build) the ride up to ultimate act 3 is quite pleasant if you keep the resists and DA high, which is not that hard to do. However, it’s not a “walk into a thousand mobs and wade through them” build. Does need some situational awareness and a retreat every now and then.