Belgothian' vision to damage reduction

my biggest issue with war cry is it pulling an entire map and 3 nemesis from offscreen so you get 5000 enemies bumrushing you and gibbing you through aether clusters
losing couple frames/melee attacks on the cast is the least of my worries :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nono, he is on to something here :laughing:

Yea, that’s what worried me a bit. I want that unstoppable slaughter. The thing with budget building is all fine, however, I am leaning toward that min-max territory here. It’s more of a question if builds are more reliable to fight with or not.

Tyrant of Alacrity/Spines Derp Slicer is your answer then, unfortunately, there is no other way. Judicators are an inferior option (viable but still worse) as ring slots give good flat and vital wps ranks (plus one belgo sigil ring is just always nice to have no matter what) and 12% dr they give is quite a bit worse than 16% that max roll of Tyrant can give. Plus little extra adtch mod to whirling (and some flat to it so it doesn’t hit like a noodle).

1 Like

Coming to a Tyrant’s slicer… or even an of the Abyss for DR sake… how much time did you guys need to get one? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 days, 1 for rage quit… the other for glory. That’s with grim internals ofc. Judging by now that you guys can’t do it with GI anymore (unless playing the previous patch) I would say around a week for a sane human bean.

Hope to god I never have to do that again. Na-haha. :saluting_face:

1 Like

It took me forever. Like I spent hours and hours farming but never got a tyrant’s prefix. I eventually rage quit and later on in SR I found one.

2 Likes

takes a looong time, legit seems more rare than other “mismatching” dmg prefixes like fire or acid on pierce weap :sweat_smile:
wouldn’t even be surprised if in my youth i’d tossed a tyrant slicer aside in the AoM past simply because it wasn’t pierce prefix/tyrant hadn’t been highlighted at all before as the one you wanted vs pierce build = pierce dmg = Heart Piercing or SInister :confounded:

2 Likes

That could have been here the exact possibility as well, I started to care waaaay to late for Tyrants prefix :joy: oh well one day or another… thanks for sharing your tyrants dermapteran slicer story, guys!

2 Likes

I didn’t get GDIA until about a year after playing my first character, a Belgo Blademaster, and was back before the weighted affix drops and all the posted builds were purples only. Been hunting the Tyrant’s slicer off and on since the affix change and it haunts my dreams to know that I probably missed one.

I’m also convinced that when (if) I do get one, it’ll be the level 84 version.

2 Likes

ye :pensive:
ngl, this is really an annoying “feature” in terms of endgame grind/finalizing and maxing out a build
and i know it’s possible to rule them out by making database changes, so understand even less why it’s a thing - tho i’m unsure if it has any wider negative/unintended impacts when making that change

1 Like

Perhaps an idea for a new topic, share your tyrant’s dermapteran slicer story :joy:

God forbid the horrors now farming Kaisan’s amus and Anasteria’s pants stories might come on par with Tyran’s derp slicers since GI is gone (I play mp so don’t want risk with unstableness of it). :ghost:

kaisan and ana farm without gi is totally ok compared to Tyrant prefix farming :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps the choice might be weird, but as second option to a Tyrants slicer, wouldnt lacerator girdle be best for pretty reliable DR? You avoid WC which costs lots of skill points and AA interruption nevertheless you will wear a belt giving close to zero additional value except for DR

If what we’re talking about now is “what should I have done prior to getting Tyrant’s?” then another viable option for 10%+ DR is the Kymon’s Will augment. This is of course assuming Kymon was sided with at least once and at least one of that augment was purchased.

Unfortunately I sided with death’s vigil, nevertheless that would be second in line. What about 3rd? :joy:

It’s not a bad option. It’s a meta belt for a lot of Bleeding builds. Problem is that if you are a pierce build you are wasting a slot that gives +1 to mastery skills and flat and %damage for a belt that gives you nothing but DR. But if you are phys build it’s not bad, but again, conflicting with Gladiator’s Distinction which is amazing together with Scales devotion (and just a very strong belt for 2handed builds).

1 Like

Coming back a last time in this topic… managed to get a Puncturing of the Abyss, due to the reduced RR % (which isnt that big a deal but still) this doesnt seem to far fall behind Tyrants or am I missing something?

1 Like

of the Abyss might be lowkey better because it provides %RR that doesn’t exist for pierce otherwise. And it also has some damage reduction values. I think it might be quite decent actually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.