Bell Slope, MPOverrideDbr help to understand

what makes a multiplier?

MPOverrideDbr for compatibility with the host?

51 and 56 page from modding guide :stuck_out_tongue:

no ideas? please :slight_smile:

Bell Slope: 100;50;50;25;10
Target level: 100

Item Levels in table: 100, 101, 105, 106
Item weights in table: 10, 10, 10, 10

The bell slope modifies the weights depending on the item’s level relative to the target level.

Ex.

Item level 100 is equal to the target level, so it is modified by the first entry in the bell curve: 10 * 100

Item level 101 is the next closest in the table, so it uses the second entry: 10 * 50

Item level 106 is the 4th closest to the target: 10 * 25

If MPOverrideState == true then use MPOverrideDBR instead of the DBR reference in the script’s DBR table.

Nice, thanks now I understand

Hi. Regarding Zantai’s remarks, they are pretty clear. However, he shows a case where the target level is the least level of items in the table. Has anyone tested what happens when the target level is the highest option, or in the middle? He does say the word “closest,” but I do not want to assume.

“The bell slope modifies the weights depending on the item’s level relative to the target level.”

Does not matter where your items fall if you were to order them highest to lowest.

Any idea what happens if you have more item levels in the table than bell slope entries? Just uses the last entry, perhaps?

Believe that is for the levels, not for # of items

Yes, I understood. Suppose I have two bell slope entries, for whatever reason, but more item levels than that.

Logically if the level falls outside the bell slope entries, the last entry should apply.

But noone, but the devs can tell how exactly this is implemented