Best Necro Defense build?

Basically looking for a good pet build d3 necro or GD necro? Both of these doesn’t seem to offer much defense. Hoping there is a build that does NOT require micro managing and allow some really good defense so I don’t die so easy.

For example using test lvl100 with both classes above maxing out a few things (beginning gear), i still easy die to enemies just out of the first town. I’m not even trying to fight or casting anything.

Ouch. dead forum. RIP.

Computertech is referring to Grimarillion, as he mentions the D3 necro class. I’ve been meaning to respond to this question, but Patch 1.1.8.0 just came out and I’ve been trying the new pet stuff in the main game before branching out to the modded version.

Grimarillion is out-of-date by 2 patches, and ASYLUM is committed to overhauling the mod, so any experience I’ve had now can be completely obsolete by the time the next Grimarillion update comes about.

To answer your question to the best of my ability, the best way to build Necro pets while keeping yourself from dying is to go regular Necro, get a good Death-Watcher amulet (I’m not sure how you get those as a Necromancer as they come from Death Vigil enemies) that increases the duration of Call of the Grave and gives you a heal. There’s also a MI mace from Bargoll boss in Ugdenbog that gives you a huge survivability boost (Physical Resistance and Health Regeneration) as long as Call of the Grave is active.

If you’re using both classes at once, you need a separate heal such as from the Tree of Life devotion. If you’re not using both classes, I’d focus on building around Reap Spirit (since those pets are immortal and you don’t have to micromanage them) and maximizing Reap Spirit skill & Call of the Grave to get a lot of damage out of them.