Best ranged build for a beginner comprising from Soldier, Shaman, nightblade and demolitionist classes?

Do people not used to play Ranged builds prior to AoM ? Or were they heavily nerfed after it launched etc ? I have both AoM and FG so it’s not like I can’t use Inquisitor, it’s just that many of my planned builds somehow always use Inquisitor so I wanted to play a builds without it to experience other classes a bit…:slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, yeah at one glance at Inquisitor mastery tells me that it’s probably the most well rounded class for a lot of things, has incredible support, defence and offence options for almost any build

It’s possible. Darkblaze Pyro is extremely strong. Then there’s also harbinger Pyro.

You could maybe do an old school valdun commando as well, but it would pale in comparison to the purifier.

Thanks for the reply, yeah somehow ranged builds seem to me are best used at very end after reaching lvl 100 and acquiring a lot of gear, and for levelling one has to choose some other kind of route…

Yes and no. I would imagine that it’d be very possible to do up a vindicator ranged build using faction gear

A few, but if you wanted to dual wield guns then you needed to find gear that gave you that ability (still do if you don’t use Inquisitor as one of your masteries).

Have a look here and see if there are any ranged for the base game.

Thanks, will look there

Gunslinger Sorcerer was one of the most popular builds, Pyromancer less so. Rather than nerfed the standards changed and Sorcerer was unable to keep up with Purifier. A fate he shares with many other vanilla builds, like aether Witchblade.

If it’s just for story then Sorcerer and Pyromancer are both very viable, but I see you knocking on Crucible’s door I make you regret it.

Thanks for the reply, no I don’t have Cruciblr with me, nor do I plan to buy it, my main aim is to clear the main campaign to the highest standards possible and try it with multple bulids …:slight_smile:

Do you think if I pick a beginner build from vanilla GD, it would be enough to clear AoM and FG in Ultimate in 1.1.4.2 or the latest patch today ?

Probably not, simply because the game has changed so much with the various updates and adding the two expansions. What you could do is find a build you like in the base game Compendium and then see if there’s a similar one in the other Build Compendium for Forgotten Gods. Then you’d know what to look for.

You won’t find any because beginner builds weren’t a thing in vanilla. Best you could hope is an endgame build with some levelling tips.

Any class combination with any playstyle is capable of doing that. It comes down to the items you have access to and nothing else. I recommend going for Valdun’s Commando. Simple, effective.

Thanks, will do that…:slight_smile:

Alright, going to see that

Inquisitor isn’t mandatory for a decent ranged build and it’s WPS aren’t gamebreaking.

Actually if you have Fire Strike, it’s exactly groundbreaking. Inquisitor WPS synergies with Fire Strike’s Brimstone and Explosive strike and boosts each bullet. So it makes the ranged builds completely different. You can test yourself Necro WPS with Fire Strike and then Inquisitor, not anywhere close.

So Purifiers are best ranged builds. 2h Primal Strike Vindicator is the best outside them.

What exactly does synergies there? Just looks like lots of flat dmg stacked onto each other. Brimstone is very powerful in itself with all that flat converted and fragments.

Inquisitor WPS have multiple projectiles, each of their damage is added to the fragments by FS. You need to see it, it’s beautiful, like Jaxxon lucky bullet!

this is why we need more gear-granted WPS to offset that. (or brimstone/inq wps synergy rework, whichever is better for overall balance)

Wait, that doesn’t make any sense. Maybe you mean that WPS fires multiple projectiles and each has it’s own Brimstone proc? How many more projectiles do they add on average? I see Strom Spread is +3 (+0.6 of FS procs per hit).