Big Monster Big Attacks don't work in Veteran

I noticed that certain attacks from big scary monsters don’t do any damage in Veteran mode.In particular, the Disruption Fist from Ancient Shambler, the Spike of Death from Gutworm and the Overhead Smash from Gulgoth. This seems to apply to non-boss versions of those monsters, but I haven’t checked too carefully. Everything seems to work correctly in Ultimate mode(haven’t checked Elite).

you sure you’re not just being missed or otherwise avoid the attacks?
aside from the current “issue” of certain melee monster attacks basically having like 99% innate fail/miss chance from hitbox?reach/range?something(which makes it super easy to “sidestep” certain attacks by standing in X position relative to the enemy even if you’re also not actually moving), then you have the issue of DA dodge etc

looks like it’s landing just fine to me :thinking:

I only have one character right now that I’ve rushed to Ultimate. I brought it back to Veteran to test. I tried fighting the Shambler, and Shambler’s Disruption Fist was landing. However, Shambler was doing his Ground Spikes attack, which he does not normally do on Veteran. I assume that unlocking Ultimate changes the way the monsters behave, including on Veteran. I’ll rush a fresh character to test.

Here’s some footage:

Nothing fundamentally different about monsters on normal/vet versus ultimate. Monsters can miss just like the player, especially at lower levels where it’s easier to amass enough DA to cause this.

shambler also landing just fine (at 8sec and 25sec)
like i said earlier, you’re dealing with the factors of basic char avoidance and the current “reach”/range issue of these types of attack, making them very easy to avoid (sadly)

I have the opposite, DA values being much lower in low levels means most bosses have like at least 95% chance to hit me.

But ye, i have gotten hit by Shamber’s attacks in Normal/Veteran.

My chance to dodge in the video is 1.4%. The Disruption Fist was used 5 times and didn’t hit me a single time. I’m not buying the DA explanation.

So I was playing a new character today in HC Veteran. I was in the Flooded Passage and noticed that the triple attack from a rabid boneback wasn’t hitting me. I stood still and let him attack me for a while. His other attacks were working, but the triple attack wasn’t. However, once I reached the Ancient Shambler, his disruption fist was able to hit me just fine.

triple attack is indeed one of those janky ones mentioned earlier