Birds of Bysmiel - Pet Occultist

I need a leveling guide for this class…I know that in the old forum it was but with the change it has been lost?
I liked pretty much to follow it at the beginning and now that I want to continue it has lost the information that …
I feel my English but I use a translator.

Thank you

I am working on a new one. If you can wait like a day or two, I should have it ready.

thanks very much…i m complet noob…always is necesary leveling guide for me.

Alright, GrimTools links provided at every 10 levels. Ignore the items as most of those a random drops. Use it instead to see how I invested my Skill & Devotion points.

If you have any further questions or require any assistance, let me know :blush:

thanks for all

How long this build killed FG final boss?

Budget version or the “Bysmiel’s Plaything” one?

I didn’t bother with taking on FG’s boss with the budget one as it was supposed to be more of a how-to-level thing and I stopped at Loghorrean.

The Bysmiel’s Plaything one eats campaign bosses for snacks. But it also uses a full set and high end items.

I’m interested in the budget version. I have no sets at all.

It should be able to do it. You could also use potions (royal jelly, Wrath of Beast tincture etc) and Aether Clusters if needed.

I could test it for you, but I am too lazy to progress through the quest to get to him. So, if you have a character that has unlocked the quest but hasn’t completed it, you could send me the save folder and I can test it for you.

Worst case scenario, you will have to spend a bit more time farming for better gear.

Btw, The budget version was made because people often go with either Conjurer or Cabalist as pet builds and I wanted to provide something they can use to make both. So, this way, you could level as an occultist to 100 and then switch to Conjurer/Cabalist or another Occultist based build.

Alternatively, if you want to test it out, I can just send you my Save file with some extra goodies :wink:

Thanks for info, Maya. I’m just afraid of getting stuck on some kind of boss.

So, the budget build can do Bastion of Chaos: https://i.imgur.com/J6z1iFh.jpg

Ok, I kind of have a bit of different items as I found them during the playthrough and felt like it would be a waste to simply ignore them. But even on the 100% faction items setup, you should still be able to do it as long as you keep your resistances capped.

Anyway, just wanted to say that if you lack for items, Skeleton Key dungeons can be farmed with relative ease with the budget setup. I do have to point out that I used Wrath of the Beast Tincture with impunity. That item is a life saver :yum:

Also note that I find BoC one of the easiest and most rewarding one for us. The final boss is a pushover. Just make sure to take it slow and steady and not die to carelessness on the way to him.

1 Like

Hey! First of all, I really love your builds, Maya. :heart:

Well, I have some noob questions (and sorry about my english)

1 - Kymon’s Choose or Death Vigil?
2 - In Forgotten Gods, the right choice is Bysmiel Cult?
3 - How to farm the gear?

Glad that you like them :yum:

1 - Your choice. Doesn’t really matter

2 - You can go with any of them as unlike Kymon’s vs Vigil, it doesn’t lock you out ofthe other 2 factions.
But you gain reputation faster for the one you choose and can only do Faction quests and Bounties for the one you go with.
So for Pet Builds, Bysmiel > the other 2.

3 - Faction items you can get from the Faction Vendors once you reach enough reputation. Some need to be Crafted after buying their BluePrints. The rest you need to get Lucky and get as Loot.

Vinelton (looks like a plant) is a special merchant in the Ancient Grove Skeleton Key Dungeon who provides a lot of interesting stuff that we can use. The Dungeon itself also acts as a source of Legendary items, BluePrint drops etc. So Farming it is recommended once you can do so safely without dying.

Bastion of Chaos is another choice for Skeleton Key Dungeon if you find Ancient Grove too hard. In that case, you will probably want to get to Vinelton in a lower difficulty.

Then there is the Usual Crucible/Shattered-Realms, but those might be a bit harder when you are starting out and lack for items.

Oh, I’ll do it like you said. Thank you so much. Have a good night.
Ps: I hate Kymon’s, so my heart is happy now. hahahahaha

1 Like

Greetings, heir of Bysmiel :heart:

Being a fan of pet builds myself love yours very much and find a lot of useful advices there. Just have one little question about Crimsonbriar rings, do its drop ever? I had see no one since FG release, ask some streamers, but they have no interest in pet items so can not help… So, what’s your own expereince? May be it’s time to post a bug report about those rings drop ( the absence of it )

“Heir of Bysmiel” :heart_eyes:

On the topic of Crimsonbriar Rings, I can’t say that I have seen them drop either. It could be RNG though, so not necessarily a bug. Also, I don’t play bleed based pet builds anymore. So could be that atleast one did drop and I simply didn’t notice it.

I mostly do SR nowadays, so find more Legendaries and Greens than Blue(epic) items.

1 Like

Thanks for answer, Maya, I will try for another couple of weeks than post a report if its wouldn’t drop still. This character https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQdQxXZ highly needs at least one for both rising pets damage and covering personal hole in chaos resist. I play on HC, so with 68% chaos res am afraid SR deeper than 50 now )

You could always do this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZypDReV

Just need a Black Tallow & Silk Swatch.

very happy with the guide. I’m going down level 43 with no death at the moment. I’m not totally flawed that I take it easy. but I go great and very happy with the progress I’m making.sorry traslate Google xD

Happy to hear that you like it :blush: