Birds of Bysmiel - Pet Occultist

Btw, I am not sure what is considered a decent clear time for Shard 75-76 in the Shattered Realms. But you can manage a 15 min Run on average. I would say that is not a bad number.

Latest footage taken after a Fistfight with the Iron Maiden:

Yes! Pets are love, Pets are life, Pets are our destiny!

Ok, I have no idea what is happening, but I think this is my favourite pet build atm. Not my Conjurer, not my Cabalist. But this guy right here.

I am willing to go as far as shamelessly recommend this to anyone who wants to play a pet build but also wants a change of scenery from the usual Conjurer/Cabalist builds.

Latest achievement: SR 78 cleared.

We were theorycrafting vindicator build with colleague the other day and he was complaining that skills i was picking were again quite passive build and that’s it’s not that different from pet build since again i wouldn’t have to do much.
He does not understand that path of the righteous is with pets (or devices like totems on their level) :smiley: .

Added a budget version, but it is untested and probably won’t get you very far. Test at your own peril.

Your Colleague, much to learn, he has :cool:

Build re updated since the forum rollback.

Not really sure what’s so surprising about a mastery with innate resistances, crowd blockers, damage absorption, CC and a heal (among things like life leech and massive proc rate which are understandably inappropriate for this build) working well on its own. That right there is more survivability than at least half of the more popular class combination builds that you can name, and we’re not even factoring in devotions and items.

Then again, people are just so stubborn.

You can beat linear content (ie, just the story stuff and the two basic rogue-like dungeons) easily with your budget build if you use consumables. Pop Wrath of the Beast/Vile Tincture and as long as you have a teleport augment on your medal (Rift Tear, etc) you’ll have to try pretty hard to get yourself killed. The only really iffy item there is Primal Instinct. A lot of the other stuff can be reasonably swapped out for something else, but because no other linear item/devotion besides Vile Tincture, Karvor’s Conjuring Bone and Bysmiel’s Bonds guarantees you a pet then the RNG might very well drive you to drink.

Well, one can always go with Hysteria for relic on a pet build :stuck_out_tongue:

The Crab might not be much, but it is still a pet. Ancestor is also easy to get.

Maya, isn’t Mythical Wildshorn Legguards a better choice for the legs slot?

It might be. You’d lose a bit of HP, DA and chaos res overcap along with some movement speed. But gain phys res, pet dmg, atk spd and +3 Hellfire. Give them both a try and see which one you like more :smiley:

Wanted to do a pyromancer, but um… yeah…

O) Dog & Birbs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlROBbN

I’m waiting for the day that Zantai realizes the greatness of Birbs and allows a Ravenlord build with like 6 birbs and no other pets :cool:

Lol :D:D:D

So, did a Cruci Run with Pyro version: https://i.imgur.com/aY0zopy.jpg

Not exactly great, but not too bad either, imo.

Stuff got updated along with the rest of my builds for the current patch :smiley:

hey there, i am starting fresh, no gear pre-stashed or anything and this build looks very interesting and fun and i love pets so can it hold its own without the gear and farm for its own stuff?

Also is there a recommended sequence to investing in skills/attributes while leveling?

Since we are only choosing a single mastery while the game is balanced around having a combination of two, I don’t know if it is the best build to start with. The budget build given is purely theorycrafted, so I can’t say for sure how well it will actually perform without the endgame items.

Skill order will be Familiar line given top priority (except mend flesh), with Summon Hellhound next (1 point in Ember Claw for now and skip the other 2 for later) and then Curse of Frailty > Vulnerability and after that, Blood of Dreeg + Aspect of the guardian and Bysmiel + Manipulation.

You want an active skill early on to bind Shepherd’s Call to. Curse of Frailty or Bloody Pox should do it.

Don’t worry about the Dreeg’s Evil Eye line, that was just me dumping points.

As for attributes, invest just enough in Cunning and Spirit to equip your items and the rest in Physique. You can reset them later with a potion that you get as the quest reward from one of the starting quests of AoM.

I found it really helpful to max out Blood of Dreeg before maxing Curse / Hellhound / Vuln since my pets don’t have lots of sustain in ssf

Yeah, that also works. The Birb is pretty much the only real priority here :stuck_out_tongue:

so u actually tried ssf with this? how difficult was it?

I am a complete noob in Grim Dawn. I only played this Build through HC Veteran. It works pretty well I’d say. With maxed Blood of Dreeg you pretty much cannot die and the Bird+Salazar are dishing out ridiculous DPS