Bits and Pieces of info dev stream 16th November 2023

Went through to find the interesting bits and pieces of info Zantai let drop during the stream.

Grim Misadventures may start again by the end of the year to just show how things are going. Some of the new stuff from the expansion.

Magipher
:are epics going to have MI type effects?

Like Modifiers? Regular Epics will continue to not have modifiers, but Epics you Awake with the new mechanic will have modifiers, will have skill procs, all the goodness of Legendaries. They’re effectively going to become Legendaries.

Evade uses iframes so when you evade you don’t get hit.

Zinith__
:would you say DLC is going to be released in first half of 2024 or second @CrateEntertainment ?

I would say more likely to be the 2nd half. I think a playtest internally and for our playtesters might begin in the spring or summer, but in terms of releasing it I don’t think there’s any chance of it being the first half, no.

Poberaganser
:@CrateEntertainment To be honest, medal augmentations on level 50 with various movement skills would be a nice upgrade to existing evade skill. Imho.

We actually considered making the evade baseline and then having the Forgotten Gods runes replace it, but it was kinda fun having both so we figured why not keep it. However, in the Fangs of Asterkarn expansion you will actually be able to modify you evade skills - shorter cooldowns, longer distance, additional charges, some other effects.

ResidentCeno
:show the spicy FoA devotion constellations that totally exist

There are no new constellations in Fangs of Asterkarn.

RektbyProtoss
:Are you gonna remove all pharma with FoA and put their effects onto modifiers that can be crafted into the potion skills?

We’re not going to remove all pharma, what we are most likely going to do is change the way pharma works like add categories so if you drink an elixir you get one effect from that. Any other elixir you drink will overwrite that effect instead of being able to stack every single one. And then, to add on to that, you will be able to modify your potions to do some of the same things that consumables supply.

bdurruti
:will fangs of asterkarn be put up on steam/gog/etc for wishlisting?

The requirements Steam has for listing a product is you have to have some ingame screenshots. I’m not sure if they’re more lenient for DLC’s or not, but as soon as we have some ingame shots to show you we can put them up on Steam and have them wishlisted. Once that’s done I think you’ll be able to pre-order it. I don’t think there’ll be any special bonuses for pre-ordering, like we don’t want to force you to feel like you have to do it, but I think we’ll be able to at least let you wishlist.

naomi105
:will ascended mode work for ultimate like veteran does for normal? or will it deviate philosophy wise?

Mechanically it’ll be very similar, however on top of making the game harder Ascendant mode will introduce a new mechanic into the world that you would otherwise not be running into on lower difficulties. So if you want a little extra spice in your exploration Ascendant mode will be for that.

shirase04
:can you say anything about shapeshifting in fangs?

I can tell you it exists. There’s going to be 2 shapes in the mastery and probably some additional ones from gear. So even if you don’t play Berserker you can still interact with the skill.

droblit
:@CrateEntertainment who is supposed to change item prefixes or suffixes?

Probably going to become a new tab on the inventor.

Marriott_Guy
:Zantai - Favorite Class Combo / Build?

People ask me this all the time. Basically I resisted making gear for my favourite archtype forsome reason; I don’t know some internal issues, somehow pandering to my own desirers would be bad so in this whole time I never made any items for it, but I will change that with Asterkarn. I’m going to make gear that supports Trozan Sky Shard and Shadow Strike combo. That’s my favourite playstyle to play with yet I never made any endgame gear for it. You can look forward to a set and maybe some other gear too.

Marriott_Guy
:Have you communicated with the Seasons Mod team regarding lore / expansions / incorporating some of their great ideas that have been implemented

I did talk to them and we kinda talked about the features they did that you guys like the best so for example the Legendardy reroll on prefixes and suffixes is coming in the expansion. Apparently you guys really liked that in Grim League so we’re going to make that official.

8 Likes

This kind of introductory article is very helpful as English is not my first language. Thank you.

Need to preorder FoA before I run out of money again -_-