Black screen of doom

Just before the boss in Bastion of Chaos, the game froze into a black screen. Sound still playing in the background and can still move mouse cursor around. Otherwise, cannot interact with game at all. I’ve attached a screenshot showing GD running as well as Dxdiag report.

This is the third time this has happened within last 5-6 hours of gameplay. Both times were within Skeleton-key accessible dungeons. Same black screen freeze as in this locked topic: [.1.9.6] Random crashes on PC].

Win11 (clean install) Dell XPS15 running vanilla base game V1.1.9.7 (no DLCs). Haven’t had any other issues with the game after 100 hours of gameplay. Running minimal other software (relatively speaking) in background. No overlays.

DxDiag Grim Dawn lockup.txt (168.2 KB)

Same thing happens to me alot when i launch the game, or sometimes returning back to character selection or when i browse through characters very fast.
Rarely, also happens in game.

This used to happen every now and then in game, but never in the character selection/launch. I don’t know why its happening but at this point i belive there is nothing i can do.

I have over 3000 hours at this game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.